Mobile hairdressing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emma-s

Reaction score
Hi all!

Can anybody offer me any advice??

I have always worked in salons, but recently decided to go mobile.

I I have been mobile for 8 months now. So far it's going well and I am
Earning a good part time wage. However now i need to be earning more, i have done some advertising, but mainly it has been word of mouth.

Does anybody have any tips on gaining and retaining new clients... I am a bit stuck now :0

Thank you

ear

Hiya!
The best advertising I've had is to put a sign on my car. I got it from Ebay for £13 and it comes on a sticky backing in white letters and it then transfers onto the back window. I've had lots of customers from this and it's been the cheapest by far:) Yellow Pages cost me a fortune and was poo tbh

Facebook page has been a massive help to me, I go on and post my page link and sometimes a little advert on all the local buy and sell pages xx

A business Facebook page is a good idea but what I found more effective was flyers.

I got 5,000 printed and literally delivered them myself with a few friends every week we would do a big flyer posting night it was great fun and while we were out posting my phone always started ringing with new clients that had literally just received a leaflet. Saved me having to pay people to deliver them and running the risk of them just throwing them in the bin!! At the end of the night I used to just buy the girls dinner a chinese takeaway etc and it was a right laugh but ming your fingers I did lose a nail due to an angry dog one night lol.

I got so busy mobile I have had to open my own Beauty Salon.

Also pop them in local community centres, post offices, chip shops also if you ask kindly some of the delivery drivers will pop a flyer inside the deliveries. I got a few customers this way.

Good Luck x

Latest posts

Back