Mobile hairdressing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

datlookskool

Reaction score
Hey, just was wondering besides the portable shampoo bowls, how do you manage washing your clients hair...Specially when doing chemical treatments? Also, do you work from your home or do you go to your clients home? Please share your mobile dressing good/bad experiences and/or ideas & Thanks for your inputs!!

Sent from my HTC Glacier

In the uk there is a shop called able world (household aids for the disabled) who have a version of a well known piece of lot which name evades me that let's people in wheelchairs (although it works for any chair) have their hair washed at a kitchen sink.
The bad points are traveling, but unlike many mobiles in my area I was at a par or even more expensive than salons and atleast triple the other mobile stylists rates (it's a luxury for the client to have me go to their home, and their convenience so I'm going I charge them that too).
The worst part is clients who's home hygiene standards are much lower than yours (dirty knickers all over the bathroom floor, skid marks in the loo, pubic hairs in the bath, kitchen cupboards, worktops and walls around cooking and prep areas that haven't been bleached that day). The best parts, you don't have to have to stay in one place, if its a quiet day, as long as you have your phone you can go out and still get bookings etc... Xoxo

Hey :) I'm starting out mobile hairdressing myself. I have bought myself a tiny trolly, and a mobile hairdressing sink. It's pretty good, but if all else fails I just wash their hair over the shower after a colour, or I ask them to hve it wet for wen i arrive when I cut it for them xxx

Tint* sorry predictive text xxx

How about clients with small children in the house, jeeez?? Lmao!

Sent from my HTC Glacier

In the uk there is a shop called able world (household aids for the disabled) who have a version of a well known piece of lot which name evades me that let's people in wheelchairs (although it works for any chair) have their hair washed at a kitchen sink.
The bad points are traveling, but unlike many mobiles in my area I was at a par or even more expensive than salons and atleast triple the other mobile stylists rates (it's a luxury for the client to have me go to their home, and their convenience so I'm going I charge them that too).
The worst part is clients who's home hygiene standards are much lower than yours (dirty knickers all over the bathroom floor, skid marks in the loo, pubic hairs in the bath, kitchen cupboards, worktops and walls around cooking and prep areas that haven't been bleached that day). The best parts, you don't have to have to stay in one place, if its a quiet day, as long as you have your phone you can go out and still get bookings etc... Xoxo

Oh my oh my! Yes I can certainly agree! I just think no matter what besides people house hygiene, tight spaces and high back chairs are also annoying! It's also hard to wash looong n thick hair while mobile...=P

Sent from my HTC Glacier

You can get a portable salon, that includes a chair and it all fits into a briefcase size unit when folded with a handle so no worrying about high backed chairs, although a foldable metal chair is similar xoxo

good luck hun! I do that too & at times it's truly a back breaker! It's just hard aiming the shower in the right place! Unless it's hand held Hehe...xox

Sent from my HTC Glacier

Hmmmm I wonder if this is available online, m going to look into it ,thanks Tomme what a brilliant idea! Xox

Btw I'm going to be mobile for some clients who are elderly or don't have A ride...=D

Sent from my HTC Glacier

Hey :) I'm starting out mobile hairdressing myself. I have bought myself a tiny trolly, and a mobile hairdressing sink. It's pretty good, but if all else fails I just wash their hair over the shower after a colour, or I ask them to hve it wet for wen i arrive when I cut it for them xxx

good luck hun! I do that too & at times it's truly a back breaker! It's just hard aiming the shower in the right place! Unless it's hand held Hehe...xox

Just got a comfywash and a large metal trolley which doubles as a tint trolly, and a shower head to so now I can do clients haired in the sink then braking my back or the bath

Only been doing it 5 months (salon.for 9 years) so just getting bits as and when I need them

Only down side is with colours I do a consultantion, then have to buy the colour (don't stock many only toners) then skin test, then for the appointment, normally about a week but my clients a really nice and I live right in town so if they are coming this way they don't mind consultantion or doing sink test at mine

Sent from my LT15i using SalonGeek

Just got a comfywash and a large metal trolley which doubles as a tint trolly, and a shower head to so now I can do clients haired in the sink then braking my back or the bath

Only been doing it 5 months (salon.for 9 years) so just getting bits as and when I need them

Only down side is with colours I do a consultantion, then have to buy the colour (don't stock many only toners) then skin test, then for the appointment, normally about a week but my clients a really nice and I live right in town so if they are coming this way they don't mind consultantion or doing sink test at mine

How do you find the comfy wash? I'm contemplating getting one. Do you find it fits most sinks? And do you just use any chair for them to sit on?

Haha thank you! Yeah it's a proper killer, I actually did my back in from leaning over the shower/bath! So I bought a sink and portable shower hoses, best 60 quid I have ever spent in my life! Good luck to you too :) xxx

Iv got one that's on a stand

Have a tube of base 4 or darker that you can use for skin tests at the consultation. That way you don't hae to visit twice before their actual appointment.

I was alway told yo use the colour you will be using but also gives me time to get to the wholesale between clients, being a mum and wife

You can't buy comfywash no more but I contacted the designer and he is selling me one, only paid today so ain't got it yet, but have a colour to do Saturday so will let you all know, if you want his email pm me he is charging £30 all in

I was taught that you use a dark colour (at least a 4) since it will have more ppd and that way you are.

I was alway told yo use the colour you will be using but also gives me time to get to the wholesale between clients, being a mum and wife

You can't buy comfywash no more but I contacted the designer and he is selling me one, only paid today so ain't got it yet, but have a colour to do Saturday so will let you all know, if you want his email pm me he is charging £30 all in

Wow yes please! Someone on here was selling it for £50! £30 sounds better to me!

Ooooh and me please!!x x

Latest posts

Back