Mobile hairdressing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roxyha

Reaction score
Hi everyone
I need some tips on advertising for mobile hairdressing, I use to be mobile about 4 years ago but have since moved and had two children so starting up again.
Places to advertise and also what's the most popular treatment?
Thanks

Facebook and social media is a great way of doing it! That's how most people do it nowadays. You can down load an app calked pic stitch and do spilt screen before and after pictures. X

Great thank you, what do you think about flyers or not worth the money?

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

I have recently gone mobile, have posted 1000 flyers and had a good response, they only cost £50 from vista Print.

Hi I posted lots of flyers and got nobody! I made a Facebook page and added local people and I got lots of clients..not saying don't buy flyers but I wouldn't spend too much 😊 xx

Get some business cards from vista print made and put them in local shops.. That way people who don't use Facebook will be targeted also and you can hand them out to people with out having to scrabble around for your phone etc. X

I only do hair extensions but I personally don't find Facebook that great. I've had some clients from Facebook but it's mostly been gumtree and word of mouth. I think with Facebook you have to be really consistent and there's a lot of competition and so many super cheap people so it makes it hard xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ive had about 80% of my clients from facebook. I did a leaflet drop but out of about 400 leaflets local, about 3 people rang me. At least on facebook i put photos of before and after of every client and people see this and book x

Thanks for all your replies, 1500 flyers ordered so we shall see. X

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

Facebook and word of mouth.. Get pics on of your work and ask clients to post of they are happy and tag you xx

I get a few from Gumtree too . also yellow pages and Google xx

Sent from my GT-I8190N using SalonGeek mobile app

I used to use Facebook but found potential clients expected 24/7 attention. And a lot of time wasting from people wanting a chat or free advice lol. I now use my Instagram for my regulars, posting up before and afters, and latest offers etc. however I make it clear to book an appointment must be done through calling up. I use netmums, gumtree, yellow pages. Local schools will sometimes put your leaflets in the kids book bags to take home. I did leafleting once and I got nothing from it. Mine clientele is now mainly word of mouth. My favourite place to advertise is probably netmums.

Latest posts

Back