Mobile hairstylists to stop business?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cavapoo13

Reaction score
Hi fellow hairstylists
Following the government announcement this evening are you, mobiles stopping trading? Is salons still keeping open,? Am very confused what to do?

Hi fellow hairstylists
Following the government announcement this evening are you, mobiles stopping trading? Is salons still keeping open,? Am very confused what to do?
The main object is to avoid people congregating. If they announce all buisness'to stop functioning then yes I'd say stop. But our salon is still open to whoever wants to come. If I don't work I don't get paid and as there's nothing in place to stop us, clients are still phoning for appointments, so I'm still working and will do for as long as I can. I'm not telling you what to do, everyone has to do what suits them best.

This was recently uploaded by the NHF

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1584742624436.jpg
    FB_IMG_1584742624436.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 58
Hi fellow hairstylists
Hi, I am mobile and have a small business ......I too am so unsure what to do.....clients are still ringing for appointments and I have been working along the lines of if neither of us had symptoms then we go ahead but don’t want to work if I’m making things worse.... my daughter is working in a supermarket so I sort of feel that as she is exposed to lots of people and therefore us when she is home that a couple of clients can’t hurt... or am I being selfish thinking of the money??

Hi, I am a mobile hairstylist. I have been operating for over 30 years. Since Monday, I have tried to cancel 'vulnerable 'clients but relented with a couple. Been fastidious sterilising, washing hands, laundry, sealing used tools to prevent cross contamination, checking clients are symptom free, etc. Everyone says I am an 'essential ' social contact and 99% still really want me there. However, a client risking close contact with me once every few weeks isn't a huge risk for them. I am risking close contact with different people multiple times a day and also going into homes where I can't 100% guarantee how precisely how sterile they are. I feel like I'm playing Russian Roulette every day and I'm losing sleep over it, plus stressing over all the extra laundry, cleaning, etc. I've decided to drastically reduce my clientele & I can't decide whether to 'tick over' & do one fit, healthy, spotlessly clean colour client per day or just temporarily cease trading altogether. I'm fortunate I'm not desperate for the income but just feel so guilty that I'm jumping ship and leaving all my loyal clients.

Hi, I am mobile and have a small business ......I too am so unsure what to do.....clients are still ringing for appointments and I have been working along the lines of if neither of us had symptoms then we go ahead but don’t want to work if I’m making things worse.... my daughter is working in a supermarket so I sort of feel that as she is exposed to lots of people and therefore us when she is home that a couple of clients can’t hurt... or am I being selfish thinking of the money??
Am the same. Dont want to use my clients to stylists that are open for business. I don't know what to do. Nothing is clear,

It would be easier if there was a simple yes or no from the government like there is for some businesses, I have a fear that if I decide to stop they’ll be someone else happy to step in and then my business disappears

Hi, I am a mobile hairstylist. I have been operating for over 30 years. Since Monday, I have tried to cancel 'vulnerable 'clients but relented with a couple. Been fastidious sterilising, washing hands, laundry, sealing used tools to prevent cross contamination, checking clients are symptom free, etc. Everyone says I am an 'essential ' social contact and 99% still really want me there. However, a client risking close contact with me once every few weeks isn't a huge risk for them. I am risking close contact with different people multiple times a day and also going into homes where I can't 100% guarantee how precisely how sterile they are. I feel like I'm playing Russian Roulette every day and I'm losing sleep over it, plus stressing over all the extra laundry, cleaning, etc. I've decided to drastically reduce my clientele & I can't decide whether to 'tick over' & do one fit, healthy, spotlessly clean colour client per day or just temporarily cease trading altogether. I'm fortunate I'm not desperate for the income but just feel so guilty that I'm jumping ship and leaving all my loyal clients.
Exactly, most of my clients have become friends so they can’t understand why I am worried but as you say they are only seeing me...I am seeing lots of people

I have just drafted a text that explains I'm reducing client contact to 1 per day for the time being, mainly to reduce my risk of infecting them. It will obviously have to be colours as they provide more revenue than a quick cut. I have apologised and explained that they are all treasured and important to me, but I have to earn while I'm still willing to take the risk. I had a hysterectomy last year and had to take wks off, then return much more slowly than I wanted to and everybody was lovely. Because I have been doing their hair for years , I only lost 1 client. 95% didn't even go elsewhere as they didn't want to get their hair messed up. Some regrowths went for 3 or 4 months, even without the worry of coronavirus!! Most people had the attitude 'its not life or death' and they wanted me to be well. Perhaps I just have lovely clients. I think mine would be worried about the stylists that are taking on new clients at the moment and how concerned they are for public health? Most would be happy to stick with someone they know & trust but probably wouldn't risk going elsewhere at the moment at they might consider it too risky.

It would be easier if there was a simple yes or no from the government like there is for some businesses, I have a fear that if I decide to stop they’ll be someone else happy to step in and then my business disappears
My thoughts exactly. Think I might stop but very scared !

This was recently uploaded by the NHF

MASSAGE PARLOURS?! I’m outraged. I’m certain they must mean our massage but don’t know correct usage. Maybe when I wrote to Rishi he thought I was a sex worker. I did stress that we touch people and the viral load. FML

Latest posts

Back