Mobile/Home Based Business Question....need help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Butterfly7

Reaction score
Hi. I will be offering waxing/facials from home part-time. I am willing to travel to people only if need be. I am working on my business cards and have 2 questions please. (1) I know traveling to people I will have to be cautious on whose house I'm going to because you never know. So should I actually offer that on my card that I will travel to people or leave that off and only offer that to people I know well? (2) Did most of you who offer home/mobile treatments actually come up with a business name or just keep it simple like Skincare by (my name)? Thanks for any advice. This is all new to me and just trying to take careful steps.

:)Hi im mobile, I did set up with a name, just came to me and stuck.
I have never had a problem with going to peoples houses, I dont advertise to do men, I only do men I know or husbands of female clients. This way your being safe.
But I find Mobile a really popular thing to offer so I would put it on your card. There are alot of mums with young kids that find it really hard to get appoinments and child care sorted. So I tend to do alot of evenings when they get the kids into bed, or days when they have got the kids to school.
Also with older clients they often dont like to drive if they dont have to.
It's really nice for them to have a relaxing treatment and then not have to drive home too.
I think you will find it very popular hun, Hth.xx

Hi. I will be offering waxing/facials from home part-time. I am willing to travel to people only if need be. I am working on my business cards and have 2 questions please. (1) I know traveling to people I will have to be cautious on whose house I'm going to because you never know. So should I actually offer that on my card that I will travel to people or leave that off and only offer that to people I know well? (2) Did most of you who offer home/mobile treatments actually come up with a business name or just keep it simple like Skincare by (my name)? Thanks for any advice. This is all new to me and just trying to take careful steps.

Hi

If you are worried at all about going to anyone's house just make sure you let someone know where you are going and how long you will be. Ring when you get there and again when you leave. If any doubts creep in your mind - don't take the booking - trust your intuition!

As for a name, pick something that is easy to remember -and related to what you do - its pointless having a long winded name that no-one remembers!:)

Thanks for making that a little more clearer for me. I will go ahead and offer mobile but how did you word it on your cards?

Hi,
I also have a business name that just came to me so I stuck with it. I intended to go ONLY mobile when i started but had more and more asking to come to me so i set up a beauty room and would say so far 70% of my clients come to me and I find the clients i visit are older or have young children so prefer i visit when they are in bed. I work another job in the day and have one day off in the week and find this day is very busy with clients and i am busy 3-4 evenings a week and the occasional Saturday. Good luck

Latest posts

Back