Mobile/Home Salon Techs:Where do most of your new clients come from?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Where do most of your new clients come from?

• Google

Votes: 31 12.2%
  • Word of Mouth Recommendations

Votes: 167 65.7%
  • Facebook/Social Network site

Votes: 49 19.3%
  • Yellow Pages/Local Directory

Votes: 6 2.4%
  • Paid advertising elsewhere

Votes: 1 0.4%

• Total voters
Most of my clients are word of mouth and some come from google :)

I need clients...lol.. I am so new that getting my feet wet is so hard. I even gave free certificates out... WHAT"S WRONG WITH ME

So is Gumtree OK? I don't know why, must be things I've read in the past, but I've kinda got a feeling about it, like it might be a bit dodgy? Absolutely no idea why though.

I definintely think so hun! If you need the bookings I would recommend it. Its worth a try, I always say don't knock it til you've tried it :p

I've had great business out of it, particularly brides who have loved the fact that I am mobile and offer the whole package in their house or venue :p (I don't know where the dodgey image comes from, I know you're not the first to feel like that!!)
Hth xx

Website via search engines and word of mouth. We have a FB page which is updated regularly but don't get much from that unless they go and look at the website from it.

Advertising in the papers, listings etc are a complete and utter waste of time and money. Good quality leaflet drops can be good but are hard work (they are for me as I deliver them!!) and you shouldn't expect amazing results as most go straight in the bin.

Website (found on Google & other search engines) & Facebook :) xx

Most of my clients are by word of mouth, definitely the beat form of advertising for me. Gumtree attracts a few too as tends to be picked up on Google better than my website xx

Sent from my GT-I9000 using SalonGeek

Facebook, Word of Mouth & the odd couple off Bio Sculptures own Recommended list...

I am in the countryside, word of mouth has by far been my best form of advertising, that and my website. If you are not online you don't exist in my eyes! However I do use facebook a lot, but I find it mostly timewasters I get vi" facebook, it only seems to be good for reminding my usual clients about me, rather than getting new clients iyswim? xx

Advertising in the papers, listings etc are a complete and utter waste of time and money. Good quality leaflet drops can be good but are hard work (they are for me as I deliver them!!) and you shouldn't expect amazing results as most go straight in the bin.

In my town ALL the leaflets go in the bin :cry:

Most new clients come from word of mouth, I often leave my card in local post offices, I have a website that is in need of updating and I have a facebook page and blog. Ive only had 1 new client via facebook.

A quick question from me too, for those that use there facebook page to get clients do you pay to advertise it through facebook?, was thinking of trying this to see how it works.

I find in my area most Gumtree clients are deal chasers and want the moon on a stick LOL

I'm split 50/50 between facebook and word of mouth. But the word of mouth always find me on facebook 'such and such told me where to find your page'. I also post almost daily photos on my page of my work (nails) and get enquiries and bookings a plenty. I also use it to remind clients of their appointments. Short of that I haven't done any other advertising, as I haven't needed to yet xx

word of mouth is always reassuring!

most people have come to me via google but then now i have a few clients its word of mouth,

gumtree is good for your rankings in google as is vivastreet, free ads, yell.com etc, the more times your name appears on the web the more likely you are to appear when someone is searching, this and of course your seo's

i used to spend about €500 a year advertising in the local newspaper. i did it for years, ran with features they were doing in the paper, put in ads for special offers.

last year i knocked it on the head, i have turned them down everytime they ring me to see will i put an ad in.

for me it's definalty WOM but i have to say FB is a close second. i have a lot of clients have told me they came to me because they saw my pictures on FB.

happy days!!

Latest posts

Back