Mobile..how far will you go?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fab Freak

Reaction score
Just wondered how many miles other mobile technicians are willing to travel to complete a set of enhancments?
Do you have a rule on the miles or does it vary on the service required at the time?

Love to hear from you all.... :p

Fab Freak said:
Just wondered how many miles other mobile technicians are willing to travel to complete a set of enhancments?
Do you have a rule on the miles or does it vary on the service required at the time?

Oh dear no replies :o - come on techies some one must have an opinion - i've been asked to travel nearly 8 miles and not sure if this is practical or not wot do you think? :D

Fab Freak said:
Oh dear no replies :o - come on techies some one must have an opinion - i've been asked to travel nearly 8 miles and not sure if this is practical or not wot do you think? :D
hi I work from home and would travel just local within 1mile only for family and friends would i travel further

sawasdee ka

I think friday every body busy because on friday not many post some times tomorrow many lady will speak ka .

Mui from Thailand .

Hiya,
I travel within a 2 mile radius of my home :)
I would travel further, But would make it clear to the client that i would have to charge extra for travelling costs.

Hello
I can't answer properly as I'm not started up yet, but planning on being mobile so I expect to have to travel quite a distance.

I live in Brighton, and I'm expecting to get customers as far away as Worthing in one direction which is at least 8 miles, and probably more in the opposite direction as I'm 4 miles away from central town anyway, so I'm looking at least that to get into Brighton alone.

That's East and West...South is the sea so unlikely to go that way, and I suppose North is Crawley etc. (very big population working at Gatwick etc.) so if I could schedule a few in Crawley on one day I would certainly go up there - it's about 25 miles away.

However I would certainly try to get as many clients as possible in the one area on that specific day rather than travel back and forth constantly.

Not much help really but an opinion I suppose!! :|

HTH
Tina

Hi Louise,

if you check out the AA website, it will give you an idea of how much it costs to run your car (unless you know already) - I think it gives a pence per mile and then you could add this on to your price and if the client is willing to pay the travelling time, then it comes down to what you personally are willing to do.

I dont do mobile as a rule but I have on occasion gone to an elderly client who lives in one of the villages about 5 miles away. (I didnt charge her any extra)

Good luck finding your answers

Fiona, what a great idea.. :idea: I will give this a go..many thanks

Hi, most of my clients are within 8-10 miles I was asked to go to somewhere which I thought was a bit far but they said they would give me 5 pounds extra so I went - it turned out only to be 13 miles. So I think - for me - that 8-10 miles is ok it takes about 10-20 mins depending on which direction. (Hey Tina I am near Gatwick!)

Fab Freak said:

WHEN YOU ARE FIRST STARTING OUT AND BUILDING YOUR CLIENTS UP, 8 MILES IS NOT A LONG WAY, YOU JUST HAVE TO THINK OF THE POTENTIAL CUSTOMERS, MAYBE THEIR MOTHER, SISTER, DAUGHTER AND FRIENDS THAT WILL SEE YOUR WORK AND THEN YOU COULD BOOK THEM ALL IN ON THE SAME DAY SO YOU WORK THAT AREA ON A CERTAIN DAY. WHEN YOU GET BUSY, AND THEY JUST CANT DO WITHOUT YOU THEN YOU CAN THINK ABOUT PUTTING YOUR PRICES UP TO INCORPORATE PETROL ETC.
SOMETIMES YOU HAVE TO GIVE A LITTLE TO MAKE A LOT. :biggrin:

DEBBIE EASTER
CREATIVE AMBASSADOR

I do the same as Kim. My prices cover anyone within a 10 mile radius, if it is further than that I charge extra, which i have stipulated on my price list!

when i was mobile ...once a month i travelled a 96 miles round trip .but they always made it worth my while ...i would spend the whole day there and had 7 regular clients.they fed and watered me.the place was quite remote (farming land) so there was no where local to them to visit.i had some really fun times there as most of them consumed quite a few bottles of wine by the end of the day .it was a long day but an enjoyable and profitable one :)
debbie

hi there - i travel as far as 20 miles to do nails - but you must add at least £10 for petrol. if you are wanted - they will pay

glynis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back