Mobile microblading business?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

menukagurung

Reaction score
Is anyone a mobile microblading artist? Or has anyone heard of anyone that does it? I have seen some artists on Instagram who cover different areas. Sure they are mobile? How do you go about the council registrations? etc.

It's a tricky one.. it's not illegal to be a mobile microblading artist. In much the same way that mobile tattooing is allowed (in theory). The problem comes in getting a licence and demonstrating that you are able to carry out the treatment in a safe way, with acceptable hygiene and avoiding cross-infection when you're not working in a controlled environment. Most licensing authorities will only issue a 'special treatments' licence if they can inspect your premises and, in my opinion, it's not practical to do this treatment safely in client's homes.

It's a tricky one.. it's not illegal to be a mobile microblading artist. In much the same way that mobile tattooing is allowed (in theory). The problem comes in getting a licence and demonstrating that you are able to carry out the treatment in a safe way, with acceptable hygiene and avoiding cross-infection when you're not working in a controlled environment. Most licensing authorities will only issue a 'special treatments' licence if they can inspect your premises and, in my opinion, it's not practical to do this treatment safely in client's homes.

I do quite like the prospect of being a mobile microblading artist. My first option was to use an Airbnb but i came back to square one as to how to go about council registration and also the question of whether the host would be okay.
Where i am at the moment, there are no beauty rooms to rent. And some beauty rooms i have seen around London specifically say that their space is not available for Microblading.

In many london boroughs you need a special treatments licence for both the premises and the operator(s). Medical consultation/treatment rooms can be rented by the day in some areas and it gives your clients a bit more confidence. Medical rooms will also have a D2 use permission which you won't get from an AirBnB flat.

In many london boroughs you need a special treatments licence for both the premises and the operator(s). Medical consultation/treatment rooms can be rented by the day in some areas and it gives your clients a bit more confidence. Medical rooms will also have a D2 use permission which you won't get from an AirBnB flat.

I have a look again to see if there is any around Reading area.

Latest posts

Back