Mobile must haves

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarahbomber

Reaction score
Ok so I'm doing my shellac course in October (yay) and after that I will be very very gradually starting my own little business, what I was wondering was if you geeks can tell me what your must have items for your mobile kit are? Obviously I'll have everything included in the shellac kit and I've started buying some vinylux to practice my polishing skills with but what else shall I invest in? Father Christmas might like to get me some bits this year 😉

Apart from shellac and vinylux and all the solutions and CND lamp I've got the following in my mobile bag:

MoYou and Konad stamping plates, stamping polishes, stamper and scrapers
Glitters for rockstars
Nail foils although haven't used these yet
Usual bits like towel, paper roll and diary and business cards and price lists
A few solar oils to retail
Colour pops

Then think about what you'll use to carry it round in. I use the Roo Glamour bag as the trolley was really heavy especially when full. Roo have got loads of storage options and they're pretty so maybe worth a look for christmas ideas

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

As boring as it sounds an extension lead and daylight lamp will be worth there weight in gold!! Good luck x

Oh yes I forgot about those as I carry mine separately. Definitely an extension lead, I use mine for pretty much every client and the lamp is a godsend for evening appointments and throughout winter

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Thanks peeps. I had looked at the roo bags, read lots of good stuff about them on here. I hadn't even thought about an extension lead or daylight lamp 😳

I like to ensure all my product are upright so I use big plastic boxes. I didn't like the idea of putting my bag on its side . Some kind of rubbish bin. I use a bag then tie it up and take it home. Also consider table and chairs. You may not want to take them with you but always check client actually has one !

The things I would suggest have already been said. Extension lead is a necessity because sometimes people's plugs are far from where your working. A Daylight lamp is a necessity for me because even when people put their lights on when it gets darker it's often not enough to see well what your doing.

A mobile folding table and folding stool are always in my car just incase. Lost count at the amount of times I've turned up and they don't have a table to work at so this can just be popped up in front of their sofa and you are ready to go.

For a rubbish bag I use nappy sacks. You can buy packs of 100s of them from the pound shop and they are the perfect size.

Oh and towels! Lol x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Oh and a good idea as well is to get a pvc table cloth that you can cut to a smaller size. I pop this under the area I'm working if I'm using a clients table. Always been paranoid of accidently spilling some acetone or something and wrecking their table. It's never happened as yet but gives me peace of mind x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back