Mobile nail pamper parties, advice please!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lisamv

Reaction score
Hi all,
I've recently started mobile nails (I can do other treatments but just stick to nails at the mo) and have been asked so many times already for group pampers.
I did one yesterday, a wedding, which was 8 people just file and polish. Which I personally hated sending out bridal party's without cuticle work! And I had to actually persuade the bride to have it done!
Anyway, I've just been asked to do a hen night for 7 people, nail treatments, they've basically just asked what I offer in this situation. I've a feeling I'm going to get asked for this a lot so could really do with a plan of action, so I thought I'd ask for your advice!
If you offer these pamper parties, what treatments/timing etc do you offer? I love Shellac and think it's much more wow for the client than normal, but does anyone offer this on pamper parties/minx etc? I'm at a complete stuck so of anyone can help advise I would be so thankful! Do you think i should offer the host free, a goody bag each etc to make it more special? Or throw in other treatments too (if time allows!) what do you all do?!

I did this for approx 6 mths then got sick of it. Ill just give you a basic run down on what i found the pros and cons were-
PROS- Group bookings = decent money
Likely to get returning clients
Word of mouth from group bookings really help to boost business
The women are in an environment surrounded by friends so they are usually always in a good mood
CONS- I found having any more than 5 women waiting to have their nails done a bit daunting. I felt bad having them sitting around waiting for me to hurry up so they could have their nails done
I felt a little pressured even though i clearly stated the approx time id take for each client.
Id have women that would see my work on one of their friends nails then ask me to redo theirs to look like their friends
Id find my polishes spread out all over the place due to women wanting to select their colours as they wait
Having to buy 10 sets of tools to use on each client as there was no time to allow for sanitising/sterilising inbetween clients.
Your idea about the goody bags is fantastic. Id usually offer a goody bag for the host which consisted of cuticle oil, top coat and a hand lotion. I would also give the host a complementary treatment for bookings over 5. I would also offer the host other complementary treatments and discounts if her guests booked me for a party or other treatments on the day, ensuring they left a deposit. Sorry this post is so long. Hope you find it somewhat useful

Thank you that helps! I have been trying to decide whether it's more hassle than it's worth as I hate been rushed for treatments and the pressure of it. But I think there's a niche in my area for it. I just don't know whether 7 is pushing it a bit. I'll have a think, weigh it up. Maybe it's better to get someone else on board too so there's two of us. Thanks so much for your advice x

I tend to just do file and polish using a disposable file which they can keep. Also, if you're going to do cuticles, just push them back with an orange stick (also disposable). 15 minutes per client, no French. Party of 5 or more, host gets it free. No goody bag, 20% off voucher for future booking instead for each lady. Gets them booking you again.

I am just lo
I tend to just do file and polish using a disposable file which they can keep. Also, if you're going to do cuticles, just push them back with an orange stick (also disposable). 15 minutes per client, no French. Party of 5 or more, host gets it free. No goody bag, 20% off voucher for future booking instead for each lady. Gets them booking you again.

How much did your charge for this?

I've stopped doing pamper parties now (mainly for the reasons Kirstie1980 says) I offered a range of treatments, not just nails, but although the money was great, it just wasn't worth the stress. The last one I did was for 6 ladies on a hen holiday..... they were plastered by the time I got there and got worse as the day (afternoon booking!!) went on. It was virtually impossible to do a good job and they all kept changing their minds about what treatment they wanted (they had all chosen their treatments in advance) and asking for extra treatments. Plus there were the ladies who had wrecked their nails before I'd even left. I was there for 7 hours in the end ! Once I got home I realised quite a few of my polishes were missing........ Never again! ;) x

I meant to also say..... it is a really good idea to pair up with another therapist.... either a nail tech or a therapist offering something that will compliment what you're offering. It does take the pressure off and means you haven't got loads of ladies sitting around waiting for their treatment. Just make sure it's someone you trust and draw up some really strict guidelines first. :) x

Latest posts

Back