Mobile nail tech case

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kirstyl88

Reaction score
I've been searching all the threads and was looking at the roo monsoon case as it looks quite nice. What I want is something to fit calgel lamp and gels, cnd lamp, shellac kit, man/ped stuff and nail tools/polishes. Do you think the monsoon will fit all this? I liked the sound of the emerald but it has been discontinued :( is there anything similar? x

I have the roo monsoon trolley, whilst I love it and can fit all my shellac equipment and mani/pedi things in I do find it heavy even when empty. I struggle to lift it with all my things in - if it was half the weight it would be perfect!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

I have just bought a Zuca bag. It's aimed at sports users but I read somewhere on here that it was brilliant for all the equipment and fairly light. It's a bit pricey but I've found it excellent so far and has double wheels making it easier to go up stairs.

Hi Janine I've been looked at the zuca this evening and am trying to pick between the pro sport or pro artist...would you mind if I asked you which one do you have ? And also what kinda stuff are you using it for ? I'm looking for one for facial bits.. Just the eve Taylor mobile sizes ...and for waxing bits ... Don't think ill risk wax pot in there lol. Are you finding it good for space ... Sorry for the million questions ! Karenx

Hi, I would also like to know what the bags are like, they look fantastic x

Hi ladies

This is the one i have.

http://www.skates4u.co.uk/mystic-zuca-bag-443-p.asp

It's not a huge bag but it has so many compartments that u can fit so much stuff in it. I will take some pics shortly but I carry all my Shellac equipment in it incl the lamp, towels etc.

Here are the pics. Hth.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1368769771.783528.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1368769771.783528.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 2,225
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1368769787.110828.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1368769787.110828.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 1,136
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1368769803.639216.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1368769803.639216.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 1,419
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1368769816.998692.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1368769816.998692.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 974
I wonder why the Roo Emerald was discontinued? That was a fantastic case and very popular. I hope they come out with something similar as I often use if for my make up kit too (will be getting a Zuca at some point for this)

Thanks so much Janine that's really helpful.. That's the one I was looking at but the sport pro as it has the cases in it or the artist pro.

Thanks for the pics it great to see how much you can fit in ! And love that the paper roll fits in the side that's really helpful x
Karen

Andrea they have the roo emerald still on amazon for 89 pound... Not sure how much they were before.. I emailed roo and they say they only have limited stock of them x

I saw this one in Capital the other day on special and was really tempted:-

Head-Gear Combo Bag Set Black/Purple | Cases | Capital Hair & Beauty Ltd

Trouble is I'm getting a bit of a bag fettish and getting quite a collection now so am trying to resist!!

The front opens it would easily fit lamp and lots of accessories in there, the extra bag has a sturdy strap that fits over the lift up trolley handle and there is a zip on top of the main bag that open up to reveal a solid base section which would be ideal for polishes etc.

Seemed really sturdy and a good price at £37

H xx

Attachments

• bag.jpg
    bag.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 1,625
Roo seem to discontinue all their best products :-( x

I have the roo emerald case and I got the large ruby ruck sack for a penny which i thought was a really good deal but I would not recommend it as the ruck sack is completely ruined the material has frayed away from the zip and the same thing had happened to the emerald case so even though the case is great for fitting everything in the material is not so good x

I have the roo emerald case and I got the large ruby ruck sack for a penny which i thought was a really good deal but I would not recommend it as the ruck sack is completely ruined the material has frayed away from the zip and the same thing had happened to the emerald case so even though the case is great for fitting everything in the material is not so good x

I'm convinced this is why they discontinued the emerald. After 4 months my handle popped off on the trolley and Roo sent me a new one. Another lady started a thread in chit chat about her trolley falling apart.

I don't think it was meant to be lifted up! Bit hard as even if I didn't live up stairs it only had one handle to lift it in and out of car. Anyway I'm sure there was a thread on here saying they were bringing out a new alternative but so far it's not out yet.

I am seriously GUTTED that my Emerald trolley has frayed, I so loved it and still haven't found a good mobile trolley. However, I will keep on using my trusty Roo until it literally falls to pieces, I don't care that it looks battered and bruised, I can get everything I need in it then I'll send it off to trolley heaven...

I also bought one of the ones from the Range and the zip was crap, surely it's not too much to ask for a lightweight, sturdy rolling trolley with lots of space and compartments???

I saw this one in Capital the other day on special and was really tempted:-

Head-Gear Combo Bag Set Black/Purple | Cases | Capital Hair & Beauty Ltd
H xx

I am currently mobile myself and bought this bag. I would highly recommend it as it is so lightweight but sturdy and not at all expensive compared to some!
Only thing is it doesn't have compartments but I just use plastic containers to organise whatever I need.

I previously had a metal trolley which was way too heavy and would scrape the car getting in and out if I wasn't careful!

This is a good one. Traded in my Roo emerald for this as was sick of getting down on the floor to get things out! Plus it's much much sturdier! Which I need as have to hump it up and down my flats stairs.

http://beauty-trolleys.com/soft-beauty-cases/legend.html#.UZYso2S9Kc0

Also this same company is selling bags very similar to the Roo emerald in leopard and zebra print and they have some money off them!

http://beauty-trolleys.com/soft-beauty-cases/galaxy-leopard.html#.UZYtDGS9Kc0
Hi, I've tried the link for these but it's comes up with a blank page saying not found. Do you have a name is can search with instead? Thank you

I purchased the roo glamor bag and the cube for polishes. U got the glamour bag as part of the nail technician offer thee do which also came with a box I use to put my liquids and glitters in. I find the box heavy but the glamour bag is perfect . X

Latest posts

Back