Mobile nail tech equipment

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

naat2291

Reaction score
hi all,

first post from me. newly qualified in acrylic nails. planning ahead for when i have had a lot more practise, will have to go mobile as no room to do nails in my house.

i have found a fold up picnic table that i will get, its approx the same dimensions as the portable manicure tables but for half the price. but i was wondering about seating? do i need to take my own chair for me? and for client?

any help would be great,
many thanks.

Ooh where have you found a small table, my manicure table is a bit heavy for getting in and out of the car x

amazon, i just searched picnic table and looked at them all for an appropriate height.

I use a Folding TV Table and take one chair with me and the client sits comfy on their sofa, never had anyone who has been uncomfortable this way.

My TV Table was from B&M's and cost £6,99 but they've stopped stocking them, just looked on eBay and they're £10.94 for the cheapest to be delivered. :)

thanks, i thought carrying 2 chairs + table around would be a bit much!!

I use a Folding TV Table and take one chair with me and the client sits comfy on their sofa, never had anyone who has been uncomfortable this way.

My TV Table was from B&M's and cost £6,99 but they've stopped stocking them, just looked on eBay and they're £10.94 for the cheapest to be delivered. :)

This sounds great but I hope you don't mind me asking, what do you do with all your equipment while you do the nails? I'm thinking what I have on my table for one client for a bog standard manicure...

hand steriliser
files
clippers
pushers
base coat
top coat
polish
buffer
oil
cuticle cream
orange sticks
spatulas
tiny table top bin
roll of paper (just to keep to hand incase althoguh that could of course stand on the floor)
lint free wipes
jar with mundo in for tools
etc

if I can find a way to not have to take my heavy table around with me I'd be all for it but I can't get my head around these little tv tables and all my stuff! Help!

Word of warning with mobile tables and chairs. Try to get a table with the legs still attached and a small, lightweight, foldable chair.

I just think it's a pain in the wotsits not only having to lug in your equipment but then having to carry in your table in 2 separate trips.

There are certain times that I absolutely HATE being mobile.

I could kiss clients who, on the rare occasion, have set up a table for me!

I have a bag for my tools, a bag for my products and a bag for my Shellac polishes.

Once I set up I pop my tools in to sterilise in a little screw top jar and work from the bags - they're see through make-up sized - works for me and everything is packed away as I finish :)

I have a bag for my tools, a bag for my products and a bag for my Shellac polishes.

Once I set up I pop my tools in to sterilise in a little screw top jar and work from the bags - they're see through make-up sized - works for me and everything is packed away as I finish :)

Fab thank you...I'll have to rethink my set up and methods a bit I think!

Emily, what did you search for on ebay to find your table? You mentioned its no longer avail but is on ebay...im struggling?
Em x

I too work from my case. I never get everything out at the start.
I have a a nail table-it is quite heavy but great. I dont always take it as some clients tables are fine, but its good to have it if necessary. I dont have chairs-theres just too much to take otherwise, I use my clients and have never had a problem with this.

Thanks Emily! Blonde momemt for me for sure!
I also work from my kit - my ever expanding kit. I need to get another box and split it up so its all sorted and i just have 2/3cases - as right now i have one huge case, two bags, and a vvv large box :-( aaah!!! Lol x

Thanks Emily! Blonde momemt for me for sure!
I also work from my kit - my ever expanding kit. I need to get another box and split it up so its all sorted and i just have 2/3cases - as right now i have one huge case, two bags, and a vvv large box :-( aaah!!! Lol x
No problem :)

My chair is like this: FOLD UP FOLDING FOLDABLE BLACK PADDED FOAM OFFICE CHAIR | eBay ..only it's pink and white polka dots, I can easily carry that and my table under one arm and wheel my suitcase along with the other hand. Even if I'm struggling it literally takes 30 seconds to nip back for either the chair or table, if someone came to my house (before I started doing nails) I wouldn't have had a chair for them to sit on across a table. :)

No problem :)

My chair is like this: FOLD UP FOLDING FOLDABLE BLACK PADDED FOAM OFFICE CHAIR | eBay ..only it's pink and white polka dots, I can easily carry that and my table under one arm and wheel my suitcase along with the other hand. Even if I'm struggling it literally takes 30 seconds to nip back for either the chair or table, if someone came to my house (before I started doing nails) I wouldn't have had a chair for them to sit on across a table. :)

Another Q what is your wheely case like? Does it come to bits?
I use a metal square case plus bags which go over shoulder like huge with compartments. Quite keen to get a larger case on wheels that perhaps splits into two or three cases that can be carried. Is that what u have and would you recommend? Em x

Another Q what is your wheely case like? Does it come to bits?
I use a metal square case plus bags which go over shoulder like huge with compartments. Quite keen to get a larger case on wheels that perhaps splits into two or three cases that can be carried. Is that what u have and would you recommend? Em x
It's actually just a wheely suitcase that lays down and fully opens up and has an extra pocket on the outside where I store all my tips. :)

I've got the same as Emily - infact I've got one for every treatment type I do! They're all the size that you used to be able to take on as hand luggage so dead easy to get in and out of cars and houses.

Far better than any of the more traditional beauty cases for my purposes.

It's actually just a wheely suitcase that lays down and fully opens up and has an extra pocket on the outside where I store all my tips. :)

i have a 3 box wheely trolly case, its brilliant for storing all my stuff. the compartments are removable too and the top has a tray to keep all those little bits you dont want to lose, plus a mirror extra bonus lol. i also have a single carry case, i can put it on top and pull it around without too much hassle. ebay sell them and amazon. i got mine from my lovely hubby, he got it in sallys at xmas. :)

i have a 3 box wheely trolly case, its brilliant for storing all my stuff. the compartments are removable too and the top has a tray to keep all those little bits you dont want to lose, plus a mirror extra bonus lol. i also have a single carry case, i can put it on top and pull it around without too much hassle. ebay sell them and amazon. i got mine from my lovely hubby, he got it in sallys at xmas. :)

Thats what i am after!!!! I have a single case full of all my gel and acrylic products and tools, bag with all manic/pedic, bag with all eye related stuff ie lashes tinting, box with nail art, bag of shellac and minx...its a pain (literally a pain in the back!) lol! Xxx

Thats what i am after!!!! I have a single case full of all my gel and acrylic products and tools, bag with all manic/pedic, bag with all eye related stuff ie lashes tinting, box with nail art, bag of shellac and minx...its a pain (literally a pain in the back!) lol! Xxx

have a look at these,
beauty trolley | eBay

NEO MONACO PINK BEAUTY BOX NAIL TECHNICIANS VANITY CASE TROLLEY

hope these links work lol. they are the same as what i have, alot cheaper than my hubby paid though :( the lid bit on top can be put onto the other 2 if you only need to take one with you. very useful to me. theres lots of other types if you prefer a different style. hope you find a good storage solution :) x

Latest posts

Back