Mobile nail tech table?!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shiv5953

Reaction score
Hi there, im new to the site and getting a bit lost :-/ not sure if this has been covered as i cannot find it but...

Im just starting out as a mobile nail tech and at the min im just doing friends and family however i was wondering if it is essential to have a mobile table and what is the best one to get?

Or is it just ok to use what they have such as a dining table?

I am just carrying out manicures, pedicures and gelish

Any help would be brill thanks xx

I dont have a nail table. If they have a dining table, I use that. If they dont I have an £8 fold up table from Dunelm Mill that I use. I cant afford they outlay at the moment!

Hi there, im new to the site and getting a bit lost :-/ not sure if this has been covered as i cannot find it but...

Im just starting out as a mobile nail tech and at the min im just doing friends and family however i was wondering if it is essential to have a mobile table and what is the best one to get?

Or is it just ok to use what they have such as a dining table?

I am just carrying out manicures, pedicures and gelish

Any help would be brill thanks xx

Did you try a search? This has been covered loads of times. I just searches mobile table and lots of threads came up. Give that a go.

Thank You :) ill have a look into that!

Ive got the app on my phone and it keeps crashing whenever i search things :-/

Thank You :) ill have a look into that!

Ive got the app on my phone and it keeps crashing whenever i search things :-/

Ahh ok, if yo can try and have a look properly as there are loads of links that may be helpful to you.

Ahh ok, if yo can try and have a look properly as there are loads of links that may be helpful to you.

Remeber the size of your lamp when looking at tables! The small argos one is quite small and will be quite difficult if you have a "standard" sized UV lamp for Gelish.
x

Remeber the size of your lamp when looking at tables! The small argos one is quite small and will be quite difficult if you have a "standard" sized UV lamp for Gelish.
x
Ahh thanks i wouldnt of thought of that, i have the harmony 18g LED one which is quite small compared to my uv one x

I bought a fold up one off ebay from a business wholesaler.. Its mobile, comes with a travel bag, customer hand rest & a mini drawer. Easy to set up but I will say though that it is quite heavy, but all the same does the job pretty well nicely..

Heres one just like it :

Manicure Table Portable Nail Technician Desk Workstation with Bag & Wrist Rest | eBay

I was also quite jammy because during this tables production some of the table bolts had become over tightened, so my one table leg was only ever so slightly not straight. I got a £15 partial refund, so didnt end up paying much for my table at all .... :)

I bought a fold up one off ebay from a business wholesaler.. Its mobile, comes with a travel bag, customer hand rest & a mini drawer. Easy to set up but I will say though that it is quite heavy, but all the same does the job pretty well nicely..

Heres one just like it :

Manicure Table Portable Nail Technician Desk Workstation with Bag & Wrist Rest | eBay

I was also quite jammy because during this tables production some of the table bolts had become over tightened, so my one table leg was only ever so slightly not straight. I got a £15 partial refund, so didnt end up paying much for my table at all .... :)

Wow thats brill thank you so much! Ill have a look into it now, hopefully find one suitable :D

Hi there,

I have just started out too but i haven't got a table either... i just use there kitchin table. I am in two minds if to buy one. I think it's lazyness really, all that carrying zzzz. Ha

Something small and reasonable priced, a client had to bring her fold out table once - ooops. I think i should invest too ha xxxxx

Hi there,

I have just started out too but i haven't got a table either... i just use there kitchin table. I am in two minds if to buy one. I think it's lazyness really, all that carrying zzzz. Ha

Something small and reasonable priced, a client had to bring her fold out table once - ooops. I think i should invest too ha xxxxx

Yeah im the same i think i may just get a camping table of some sort to start with until i build custom up :)

Hi there,
sometimes clients tables are too wide and you end up sitting cross ways on the corner, pretty bad for your back, so I bought one of the professional fold up ones off of ebay,its great, looks good and you are able to sit opposite your client but....is is quite heavy! luckily i only work part time but i wouldnt fancy carrying back and forth into too many houses! hope that helps :biggrin:

Hiya
This is similar to the table I use:
Brand new portable nail technicicans manicure table desk & Carry Bag (fold flat): Amazon.co.uk: Kitchen & Home: Home & Leisure Online
Not everyone had a dining room table and as Jenny said you end up sitting at the totally wrong angle for the client, you and your back!
Also I know we all have insurance incase of any mishaps in a clients house but I would be mortified if I damaged somebody's furniture.
I 'test drove' a few tables before I bought this one.
You need to have something light enough to carry around. I will say this is NOT light but is very sturdy and does not wobble like some I touched.
You also need something that will fold up and down easily and take the knocks. My table has been hit (not intentionally) off so many staircases in flats I can't believe it's never rolled off down the street in a huff!
I removed the drawer unit and fixings underneath as they are not required when mobile.
I know it's an extra cost but, if you want to offer a premium service and be the professional that you are, you have to Look the Part!
Hope this helps!

Thanks everyone im going to spend the morning having a good look and make my decision :D

I have purchased one for 7.99 from dunelm :) its perfect!

Latest posts

Back