Mobile Nail Technician Desk

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sherilley

Reaction score
Hello,

After a bit of advice please....I am currently training to be a Nail Technician, and am thinking of going down the route of being a Mobile Nail Technician - once qualified and have gained some experience. However, I have been thinking of equipment I need to invest in, and am stuck as to what to do for a desk/table, that is mobile enough for me to carry around to clients.

Any suggestions?

Thanks alot.

Sherilley

I know a lot of people start of with an ironing board. In fact, Ruth used one on a fashion shoot recently so there ye go!

Whe I used to do mobile work I had one of those little wooden "tv dinners" fold up tables, cost me about a tenner and was the best value for money going. It's lightweight and easy to carry - got mine from a cut price store but I think Ikea sell them.

Hi, i am also mobile, I bought a small table from my local camping shop its great! the legs are similar to an ironing board that have a 'scissor' action to fold them up, they come off completely and there is a place under the table to attach them when its folded down.Its white melamine so i can sanitize it easily. My husband attached a lamp to the edge that also comes off when not in use but the lamp holder is permanently fixed (if you know what i mean) so i just slot the lamp in and away i go! the best part was that it only cost me about £15! much cheaper than from a beauty supplier or the like.
Hth x

Hi,

I am selling a mobile table at the mo, PM me if you are interested,

Sarah

Whenever you decide to get a table remember to consider the surface space you will need, I need for more when doing Wraps then when I do L&P and will probably need more space when start doing Gels in September....layout your equipment on a table and see what you feel is the minimum working space you would be comfortable with and start from their...

Oh and dont forget the height, I got a table and it was for to low to work from just gave me neck ache all the time...

Hope this helps

Thanks alot guys. Your suggestions and comments have been great - its certainly given me a few ideas!!!

Sherilley

hi i got a mobile table from salon services (i think thats the name) an it cost me about 70 quid, i wish i had bought something cheaper first coz i hardly ever use it , i would wait until you start getting a certain amount of clients, coz you will need all your money, i spent a fortune and havent yet got such a good client base it is starting to pay for itself, just my opinion

Fab Freak said:
Whenever you decide to get a table remember to consider the surface space you will need, I need for more when doing Wraps then when I do L&P and will probably need more space when start doing Gels in September....layout your equipment on a table and see what you feel is the minimum working space you would be comfortable with and start from their...

Oh and dont forget the height, I got a table and it was for to low to work from just gave me neck ache all the time...

Hope this helps
My husband took it upon himself to get me a table (bless him).

He went to my local wholsalers and came back with on that folds away and has a height adjustment on it. When it's up it look a bit like one of those table you get in hospital over beds - but it's great, especially the height thing -no more sore neck problems, oh and it's on wheels that you can lock.

Em.xx

PS, i have seen it in a nail catalogue since, i'll have a look whrn i get home and see if i can find it - get back to you

If you're to be a mobile tech. (as i am!), another thing you need to bear in mind when buying a table is the weight. Some of the ones i saw in the wholesaler looked lovely but when i picked them up they weighed a ton! That's okay if you're picking it up once but if its all day and every day then its gonna start to play havoc on your back. Hope this helps.

Hey - don't know if you found a mobile nail table yet - sorry, might be a bit late but haven't been on this site for weeks!! :cry: I bought a mobile folding picnic table from woolworths for around £10 and it's perfect in every way for doing nails - great size and really light with a carry handle - if you could get one of these you're sorted.

Take care
Michelle x

Latest posts

Back