Mobile Nail Technicians - Best Buy (not products!)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karren

Reaction score
Hi all

If you are a mobile nail technician, what have you found to be your best buy ??

im not asking re products, i have already seen the threads on this im more interested to know if there is anything you have bought that you found eased the fact that you are mobile

The obvious ones to me are CAR !! lol, good sturdy fold up table and day light lamp - but for those of you who have been mobile for sometime there must be little things that over time you have thought of or bought which has really helped you ?

thanks guys look forward to your advices

kx

I only work 1 day a week mobile but would have to say having a good sized, organised, well cleaned box is what helps me and it also saves time when you get to the house.

Don't laugh :eek: But it as to be my extension reel.
Its suprising how many houses plug hole are no where near where you are sitting.

its things like this lesley that are really helpful hun and you dont often think about !

kx

lesley1965 said:
Don't laugh :eek: But it as to be my extension reel.
Its suprising how many houses plug hole are no where near where you are sitting.

when I did mobile it was - extension lead ( forgot how useful that was Lesley), and easy fold up table that wasn't too heavy, a box with handles to carry everything (got mine fromNext, came in a nest of 3 for about £25, and a portable lamp as some people's lighting was awful - we'd be virtually in the dark). Another tip is just check your client record card before leaving home - had a client with airbrushed tips on and forgot to take them, guess what she had broken two. Had to go back later that day (never did it again mind!).

Karren said:
Hi all

im not asking re products, i have already seen the threads on this im more interested to know if there is anything you have bought that you found eased the fact that you are mobile

The obvious ones to me are CAR !! lol, good sturdy fold up table and day light lamp - but for those of you who have been mobile for sometime there must be little things that over time you have thought of or bought which has really helped you ?

kx

Hi Karren!

For me it has to be my acrylic desk organiser! I was forever having to get every little item out of my case needed to perform the service individually and now I just pull the thing out in one go complete with everything needed already in there to place on the table and I'm ready to get started - no more glancing over each item on the table to check I have taken everything out of the case that I will need (I was always having to go back and get something I'd missed!).

Oh and also, a nod for my portable daylight lamp...now that is fantastic too.

what about appointment diaries guys ?

do you prefer an ipaq style (computer organiser)? filofax with zipped compartment to put money / cheques or just a standard A4 or A5 hardbacked diary ??

kx

I'm not exactly a mobile but as I do sessions I have a huge mobile kit. My best buy so far has been a bag from QVC (of allplaces!) It is designed to hold bottles of acrylic paints. One long bag holds 5 'rolls'. The rolls hold about 16-18 bottles of varnish. In the 5 rolls I have colour co-ordinated varniches e.g. red roll, natural roll etc. The bottles are easy to get to and choose from and when they are all unrolled they look really good.

Sounds complicated but really not. I carry about 600 colours in my car but this bag is my 'main' kit.

Marian

Karren said:

do you prefer an ipaq style (computer organiser)? filofax with zipped compartment to put money / cheques or just a standard A4 or A5 hardbacked diary ??

kx
My hardback diary is my blessed lil thing it practically goes everywhere with me but i may upgrade to a filofax lol!

Hey Marion thanks

Are these available on the internet ?? i do not currently have sky so no access to QVC?

kx

mum said:
I'm not exactly a mobile but as I do sessions I have a huge mobile kit. My best buy so far has been a bag from QVC (of allplaces!) It is designed to hold bottles of acrylic paints. One long bag holds 5 'rolls'. The rolls hold about 16-18 bottles of varnish. In the 5 rolls I have colour co-ordinated varniches e.g. red roll, natural roll etc. The bottles are easy to get to and choose from and when they are all unrolled they look really good.

Sounds complicated but really not. I carry about 600 colours in my car but this bag is my 'main' kit.

Marian

Karren said:

kx
Ive been using an academic year diary A5 size, it runs from August for 16 months, really handy it saves loads of hassle of changing diaries at the busy time at christmas so you dont have to cart around two diaries, old and new! Got mine from local stationers, about £8, worth every penny.
beautygirl UK x

I would have to say over the years the extension lead and lamp have been the good buys and cant do without em nowadays. But my best buy of all is my Fishing tackle box for all my varnishes, it has all the right sized compartments for creative polish bottles and they consentina out side ways and i have room in the bottom for more storage.. and then my B&Q tool box its the right height so my larger bottles of stock i.e scrub fresh and remover etc can all stand upright, i also fit my little lamp and extension in here also has a lift out try in which i keep all my tools and files in...

Apart from my mobile table, angle poise lamp, extension lead & 4-gang socket I think my best buddy in my kit is the giant cool bag I got to carry my paraffin wax bath. To keep it all intact in case of a tight corner (damn the roundabout at Knutsford is sharp :lol: )or emergency stop I prefer to travel with it secured snugly inside its original box but that made it a pain to move about till I found a cool bag from Lakeland Ltd that took the entire box, holds my liners, toweling mittens & booties & roll of cling film (to cover the wax before setting off to keep it of the lid in the aforementioned circumstances) & makes it lovely to carry about steadily & it keeps the warmth nicely inside.

Karren said:

kx
Ohhhhh i love my diary it plans my day ordanises my life though it is battered and worn it's been the best money i spent

The reason i ask is after doing nails for 4years i have been trying to find a route which suits me the best (taking into consideration your family status). I must say i much prefer mobile as you can give the client comnplete pivacy your attension.

What are your views????

Cres

sarah haslam said:
when I did mobile it was - extension lead ( forgot how useful that was Lesley), and easy fold up table that wasn't too heavy, a box with handles to carry everything (got mine fromNext, came in a nest of 3 for about £25, and a portable lamp as some people's lighting was awful - we'd be virtually in the dark). Another tip is just check your client record card before leaving home - had a client with airbrushed tips on and forgot to take them, guess what she had broken two. Had to go back later that day (never did it again mind!).
My best buy has got to be the portable light source i bought, it really makes a diffrence to your work.

cres
(up late can't sleep)

Karren said:
Hi all

kx
Hi mine is my adjustable stool, is got a great padded seat (no numb bum lol) and of course my fabulous tool boxes from B&Q (just like the ones in Ellisons etc but a fraction of the price)...

Karren hun you can get them on QVCUK.com.
Karren said:
Hey Marion thanks

Are these available on the internet ?? i do not currently have sky so no access to QVC?

kx

My best buy was a picnic table light weight sturdy and cheaper than a mobile nail table! Also as other have said an extension lead!!!! :biggrin:

Hi i am a mobile car valeter, i can get you as many customers as you like by advertising the way i do, it does cost but very cheap and a potential 5000 customers its how i get 90% of my business you can call me on 07813836747 ask for steve, it will be me anyway.

Latest posts

Back