Mobile nail techs - minimum price?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lunaberry

Reaction score
Hi
Having spent a long time working out product costs, time etc and comparing local prices (although these were mainly salon prices as I could only find one mobile technician in the area) I finally decided on my prices.
As I am going to be mobile initially I decided I wasn't going to offer just a file and polish as I didn't think it was cost effective to offer any services for less than £10. (Taking into account petrol and time taken to get there and set up etc). So instead I started my manicure price at £16 to include shape, soak, cuticle work, massage, polish.
I was quite happy with this, I'd spoken to family and friends and they agreed, it fits with local prices etc. I don't want to offer a cheap and cheerful service.I am using good quality, branded products and would rather offer a quality treatment rather than speedy.
However I'm now questioning myself a little. I've just found out that a friend of a friend who works at a local health spa but also does mobile is offering mini treats which consist of 2 treatments for £8
This has thrown me a bit and am I wrong thinking I shouldn't go to someone for less than £8?
I thought maybe could offer file and polish of toes and hands for £10?
Any your lovely thoughts and opinions would be great
thanks x

Hi
Having spent a long time working out product costs, time etc and comparing local prices (although these were mainly salon prices as I could only find one mobile technician in the area) I finally decided on my prices.
As I am going to be mobile initially I decided I wasn't going to offer just a file and polish as I didn't think it was cost effective to offer any services for less than £10. (Taking into account petrol and time taken to get there and set up etc). So instead I started my manicure price at £16 to include shape, soak, cuticle work, massage, polish.
I was quite happy with this, I'd spoken to family and friends and they agreed, it fits with local prices etc. I don't want to offer a cheap and cheerful service.I am using good quality, branded products and would rather offer a quality treatment rather than speedy.
However I'm now questioning myself a little. I've just found out that a friend of a friend who works at a local health spa but also does mobile is offering mini treats which consist of 2 treatments for £8
This has thrown me a bit and am I wrong thinking I shouldn't go to someone for less than £8?
I thought maybe could offer file and polish of toes and hands for £10?
Any your lovely thoughts and opinions would be great
thanks x

I think you have the right idea and your friend is doing it way way to cheap!!! She has a job so this could just be extra pocket money for her but for us it is our full time job so we can't afford to sell ourselves that cheap or people will think we are possibly not very good hence our cheap prices. Stick to your guns hun x

I've only recently gone mobile but my minimum call out is £15, I think you have to take into account travel costs and your time. I also charge a small fee for petrol for anyone outside a 5 mile radius.
Everywhere will be different but I hope this helps.
Rhiannon x

I've only recently gone mobile but my minimum call out is £15, I think you have to take into account travel costs and your time. I also charge a small fee for petrol for anyone outside a 5 mile radius.
Rhiannon x

Thanks both of you for the reassurance. I just couldn't see how it is worthwhile going for £8 for me. Like you say it's maybe just pocket money for her.

Good idea Rhiannon about 5mile petrol fee. Might borrow this :wink2:

Thanks again x

I travel within a 15 mile radius, but say that for every mile travelled, the treatment must equal £1.

i.e. if the client is 11 miles away, the treatment must be a minimum of £11.

If a client is more than 15 miles away, they incur a fee of £1 per extra mile travelled.

It might seem cheap but I'm trying to build up my clientele (and it does help if you book people in the same area on the same day)!

xx

Sorry, completely off topic but your cat is just too cute! :D

Rhiannon x

Same here for me, £15 and no less... that is unless I can get there on foot because it is across the road or local to you... or it is some sort of emergency for the client.

I wouldnt be off on some mind bending mission through the city just so that I could offer a cheaper price than another person :)

I'm £15-£25 minimum spend, depending on how far I have to travel. I go no further than 20 miles unless its a pamper party so more worth while for me xx

Thanks everyone!
You've put my mind at rest and glad I don't seem to be alone with what I think is reasonable pricing.
When I start, I'll definitely be sticking to my guns at minimum price now :)

Latest posts

Back