Mobile Nail Techs

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kellyc

Reaction score
Please Help!!

I am a very newly qualified Gel nail tech and am looking to go mobile or work from home as i do work full time during the day but just love nails! However being so new to it i am finding it very hard to bring in the clientele and do not know which way to turn, i am looking to broaden my horizons with different systems but at the moment am trying to concentrate on actually getting some clients!!!. Can anyone please give me any tips, hints etc on how to start off, as im finding it very daunting a few people have said to start advertising in papers etc but would prefer advice from anyone on this site that is willing to help.

:| thanks peeps x

Hi there, i was in the same position as you about 6 months ago, which is when i completed my course. i had no confidence what so ever. I put an ad in my local paper and the calls i got was unreal. I was so scared, didnt think i would ever be able to go in to strangers houses and do their nails. But i did and now i have no fear at all. I have weeks when i am quiet and only a few bookings, and some weeks i strugle to fit people in.
Advertising has worked well for me. Your own nails are also a good advert so get doing your own and you will soon see. once you get a few clients the word will soon get around and their friends will also be rining you.
I now not only do gel nails, but fibreglass/chinasilk, and am going on another course in 4 weeks to do acrylic. So keep your options open to doing another system in the future.....
Good luck and i hope this had helped you a little.
Julie

Kellyc said:
Please Help!!

I am a very newly qualified Gel nail tech and am looking to go mobile or work from home as i do work full time during the day but just love nails! However being so new to it i am finding it very hard to bring in the clientele and do not know which way to turn, i am looking to broaden my horizons with different systems but at the moment am trying to concentrate on actually getting some clients!!!. Can anyone please give me any tips, hints etc on how to start off, as im finding it very daunting a few people have said to start advertising in papers etc but would prefer advice from anyone on this site that is willing to help.

I am also mobile and have been for nearly a year!!

I advertise in my local free paper and the response was good. I also did a leaflet drop but didn't get any response from that.

Maybe put some of your leaflets in wedding shops? - hairdressers? - thats what i am going to do today.

I too have quites weeks and really busy weeks. I do L&P and Gel dont have any clients asking about fiberglass and silk so at the moment just concentrating on the two systems i do use.

I sometimes feel 'unconfident' about being mobile and going into peoples houses but once i am there i'm fine - also there is the worry about whether they are going to like the finished result!!!!!.

The only problem i am having at the moment is carrying everything around!!! - surely there is an easier way!!

hope this little bit of info helps!

Good luck

Kellyc said:
Please Help!!

Kelly - i qualified 6 months ago & work mobile, it can be tough sometimes more so the working environments - the main item i investied in was a good lamp which is envaluable when doing nails and more so when mobile working under a single 60watt light bulb is not good. Persoanlly from a marketing point of view I designed a small a5 leaflet in colour and had this colourcopied and I do leaflet drops in good local housing areas. However for every 1000 leaflets I tend to get one customer - but they then normally recomend me - so it works. I am now going to place an advert in the yellow pages as I feel confident enough to take on more clients. I have never used local press as i feel it is not where people look when they need a service providing of any kind plus the cost per thousans people to reach your desired audience can be costly ie how many men read the newspaper verusus women and the age of the women + income and already probably 50% of the people reading the paper are not who you are targetting. I plan next to give leaflets out in my town on a saturday afternoon and see how this works, which I will you know if you want?

With regards to systems I offer fibreglass and acrylic and next year i will look to train on gel. In the iterim I want to concentrate on promoting my business as a priority. Hope this helps you out or gives you some ideas.

Didi said:
I am also mobile and have been for nearly a year!!

The only problem i am having at the moment is carrying everything around!!! - surely there is an easier way!!

Good luck

Hi Didi,
My mobile carrying case is a trolley tool box from black&decker and only costs £24.99 in Argos.After seeing the cases on sale at Olympia yesterday and their prices, I am very happy with my choice for now, and it carries a lot more.

Aylin

Thanks everyone for your advice and i think i will go the route of local advertising ie. leaflet dropping etc.

Louise - that would be great if you can let me know the outcome when you do your leafletting on Saturdya any encouragement is great.

Thanks all x

Awwww I love you guys *big hugs* nice to find people that are in the same world as me ... I been doing nails for 18months .. meant to be mobile(but since I aint pasted me driving test yet, I made things hard work for myself) and I manage in the most part .. or friends come to me .. I want to work on getting more training now and getting my test past :biggrin: which I am doing .. I didnt have to advertise so far .. been going great guns with just the interest off the people that have seen my work on my clinents hands .. dont forget .. they are walking around with your advertising on there hands .. I am into the nail art aswell so have asked my friends if they would let me practice on them, its a nice way of getting ya nails noticed too :cool: I have to say I did invest in some business cards and gave five or so to my clinents on the first appointment .. they pass um on to people that might be interested :) its worked well for me. There is a company online that ya can get 250 basic business cards for free, ya just have to pay the P&P (not sure if I can advertise on here) but if anyone wants to know ya can email me or add me to Messenger .. [email protected] .. would love to hear from ALL of ya *grin* ... nice to find ya .. thanks to Professional Nails(pssssst can we get a spell check on here .. cause my spelling stinks *wink*) QwinnT'Sential

Hi,

I qualified a year ago and I've been mobile for the last six months and I still get nervous with a new customer. :lol:

My best advertising has been in the local paper. The first week I got four clients. The second time I used it I got another 3 customers and the rest have been recommendations or seeing my own nails. I think it all depends on where you live and the local competition. Not many people offer a mobile service near me so me ad stands out.

Good luck with the advertising.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back