Mobile nails start up

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StuartW

Reaction score
Hi again,

Compliments of the Season to you all.

My partner will soon be in UK (from USA) and plans to start a Mobile Nails business. She has considerable experience and she has been in the business for more than 20 years. During this time, as well as being "hands-on", she has also been an educator. In addition to nails she has vast experience in massage therapy, hot stones etc and all such prcesses related to Spa work.

She will be concentrating on nails.

With this in mind I want to get things moving before she arrives and as a surprise I would like to begin the process of buying the equipment required to start this business. Things like manicure stations and the likes. I have absolutely no idea of this business so it may well be that an item such a station is not required for a mobile set-up.

Anyway, that aside, what things are required to begin a mobile nail business? I have no intention in dabbling in the brushes, gels etc as this is something which is WAY out of my understanding and comprehension....and apart from that I have no doubt she has her own ideas on that. I know she has already put in place lines of contact with her wholesale business contacts in USA.

Any help with what might be needed from an equipment aspect will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Didn't you already ask this a few weeks ago? Im sure i replied, if not you're in luck as someone else recently asked the very same question!

You did........you're losing your memory ;)

http://www.salongeek.com/threads/licence-required.309660/#post-2550611

Ah! Nope last time you asked about licencing, its a very similiar post which confused me.

With regard to equipment, I'd let her make her own decisions. Some techs take tables, some don't and use whatever the clients has available.

The search facility on here is very useful, there are thousands of posts for you to read and digest

Last edited:

lol Yes I may well be losing my marbles.....its an age thing.

The previous question was about licencing more than anything else. You were most helpful with your guidance and I am grateful.

However we are now at the stage where (thanks in part to your input) we know she does not need a licence per se.

The guidance I now seek relates to equipment.

I guess what this uninformed person is looking for is a list of items required to get started. This will be my demonstration of support to her.

Thanks again for this and previous responses.

Although as Trinity said, some people prefer certain equipment to others, i think its a nice idea and I'm sure your partner will appreciate the effort.

Roo beauty is a great company for trolleys and storage boxes or bags. Depending on what she offers, she might need space for a nail lamp so you might want to look on youtube for the best sizes.

A foldable nail table ( i like the kidney shaped one) and foldable chairs would probably be needed and towels are always useful.

If she doesn't have one, i would recommend getting her a satnav to find her way around x

Although as Trinity said, some people prefer certain equipment to others, i think its a nice idea and I'm sure your partner will appreciate the effort.

Roo beauty is a great company for trolleys and storage boxes or bags. Depending on what she offers, she might need space for a nail lamp so you might want to look on youtube for the best sizes.

A foldable nail table ( i like the kidney shaped one) and foldable chairs would probably be needed and towels are always useful.

If she doesn't have one, i would recommend getting her a satnav to find her way around x

Thanks.....particularly the point about satnav. I didnt think of that.

I will have a good search on the internet for the items you mention

As Trinity suggested, I did a search on this site. I need to narrow things down a bit to reduce the hits. However what did come up was Hot Stones and the mobile bag. Will look more closely at that.

Thank you again.

....as mentioned, I will take a look at Roo equipment. I presume Roo only does storage?

What about reputable manufacturers of folding tables, chairs, mobile wax heaters etc?

Sorry for the continuous stream of questions but I know hee haw about the subject.

Latest posts

Back