mobile pedicures

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pedifan

Reaction score
Hi all,
I am planning on doing my pedicure course soon, I have no other experience or knowledge of working in a beauty industry, and I also at the moment only want to do pedicures. I have been looking at creative and cuccio pedicure training courses and both look good, but when i pass, is that enough to be able to work mobile or would I need to do an NVQ or similar? The only College courses that I have seen include Manicure and I really only want to do pedicure.

Also would I be able to get insurance from doing those two courses.

Thanks in advance.

You should be able to get insurance as long as you get a certificate from the trainers. Ask your insurer what qualifications they will insure. Babtac will insure diplomas you don't have to have an nvq. Always best to check with your insurer. Both the companies you mentioned are well established and would have good training programmes so these would definitely be insureable certificates. HTH

Lisa

Thank you Lisa that does help.

Hello Pedifan, can I just ask why you only want to do pedicures. I'm not sure if you would get enough work doing just pedicures. But having said that if you specalise and do really tip top pedis why not. For myself I find that I do most of my pedicures during the summer and at Christmas. But perhaps the nail techs on here could offer more help, I'm a beauty therapist so not a nail tech. Good luck anyway I hope it goes well, please let us know how it goes.

Hi Andi, pedicures only really appeal to me and have done for a long time (about 20 years), I know that I wouldnt really get much work from that, but maybe in time I would look at something else to train in too. I only really found out what a pedicure was a few years back (I must have been living in a bubble haha) and I had looked in to chiropody training, foot health training but none of those were what I really wanted to do. Feet really are my passion which is why I only want to do pedicures. I just wish that you could train up to a really high level in pedicures so that you could call yourself a master, maybe you can but I havent seen anything written about that.
I was thinking that maybe once trained I could put my cards in hospitals/ carehomes for the staff. I used to work in a hospital and know that many nurses would love pedicures or any other beauty treatment in their lunch breaks. You are right though work might be few and far between.

Last edited:
Hello Pedifan, can I just ask why you only want to do pedicures. I'm not sure if you would get enough work doing just pedicures. But having said that if you specalise and do really tip top pedis why not. For myself I find that I do most of my pedicures during the summer and at Christmas. But perhaps the nail techs on here could offer more help, I'm a beauty therapist so not a nail tech. Good luck anyway I hope it goes well, please let us know how it goes.

Your spot on! for me anyway pedicures are highly wanted in the flip flop months - but not so often in the winter months. i'm a tech who came from the other side of the table and i must admit i have never had a pedicure in the winter months!

hth,

jodie x x

If I were you I would do the foot health course (SMAE) especially if you do nursing homes, hospitals etc. You can add on other courses as well. I think CND and OPI do pedicure courses. You would then get a good all round education.;)

Thanks for the replys, I definately want to do pedicures, but will probably complete further training so that I can offer other treatments.

Thank you again you have all been helpful x

Latest posts

Back