Mobile pedicures?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

helenlovesnails

Reaction score
Hi everyone.

Just wondering if anyone could give me any info on how they getting on doing pedicures as a mobile technician?
I want to do it, but am worried about the amount of stuff i may need, and logisitics with the foot spa?! do u have a special seat for clients to go on?

Thanks for your help!

well I have done a few mobile pedis in my time,
comprised of
foot spa
couch roll
few towels
gena products
nail clippers, file, etc

at that time I didn't paint nails as I was doing it at a drop-in centre and only had 30 minutes with each person.

My friend did a pedi for me last year and she took 3 trips to the car to bring all of her bits in.
she had foot spa
extention lead
all her nail bits
all her pedi bits
drill
towels,etc

I sat on the settee and she pulled up a dining room chair for hereself to sit on.

HTH

Hi,
I do mobile pedicures, at 1st I was dragging so much gear from my car, I was shattered before I started. Now I have foot spa in large supermarket / laundry type bag, extension lead, towels, and a cushion. And in a small case the products I need and a small range of polishes, only one trip from my car, More polish colours in the car if she is not happy, I usually ask when they book what type of nail colour they like, it helps, usually I have one they like.
They sit on the Sofa or dining chair, I have found I am quite happy on my cushion, but you could get a very low folding camping stool, that would fit in your foot spa bag. Good luck, lotsa luv x

Hi everyone.

Just wondering if anyone could give me any info on how they getting on doing pedicures as a mobile technician?
I want to do it, but am worried about the amount of stuff i may need, and logisitics with the foot spa?! do u have a special seat for clients to go on?

Thanks for your help!

i just bought an inflatable foot bath from sallys by a company called Heel to Toe, and it's brilliant! Don't know how i managed without it. It takes seconds to blow up and the sides are high so that there's no chance of spillages - which i have to say was always a worry to me cos i'm so clumsy!:o So everything now fits in my case - except my pedi stool of course!x

i just bought an inflatable foot bath from sallys by a company called Heel to Toe, and it's brilliant! Don't know how i managed without it. It takes seconds to blow up and the sides are high so that there's no chance of spillages - which i have to say was always a worry to me cos i'm so clumsy!:o So everything now fits in my case - except my pedi stool of course!x

What a brilliant idea. Iv never heard of these, but will definately look into it.
Foot spa's are a pain to carry around.
This sounds like a godsend.

Just my luck though to have a puncture in it and water gushing out over clients luverly carpet.!!
Oooh My imagination !!!!!!!!

Thanks for sharing hun. xxxxxxxxxxx:hug:

What a brilliant idea. Iv never heard of these, but will definately look into it.
Foot spa's are a pain to carry around.
This sounds like a godsend.

Just my luck though to have a puncture in it and water gushing out over clients luverly carpet.!!
Oooh My imagination !!!!!!!!

Thanks for sharing hun. xxxxxxxxxxx:hug:

It's quite thick plastic - so there's no chance of ripping it. I'm trying to find the packaging cos it has a picture of it. It was only three 99 + vat a real bargain!!

I've got to say, I've never managed to whittle down what I need for pedicures! I even take my couch in as I find it easier on my back if the client is up there rather than sitting on sofa and me having to bend. My polishes also weigh a ton. I do decant products into smaller bottles which helps a bit. I also take my own stool. Will be interesting to see what other ideas people have! The inflatable foot spa sounds interesting! x

It's quite thick plastic - so there's no chance of ripping it. I'm trying to find the packaging cos it has a picture of it. It was only three 99 + vat a real bargain!!

found the pic

Thanks for posting footspa pic Maggie, looks good. How long does it take to inflate? Where did you buy it from?

It looks quite deep so I imagine it would feel nice for the client and good for removing products. x

i too do mobile pedicures and only need one trip to the car for all my stuff, i have a box on wheels, with mani stuff in top, nail varnish and nail art in middle and pedi stuff in bottom, so i just take whichever sections i need then ive got a large 'heel to toe' bag which i take my foot bowl or hand bowl in with towels etc, then i have my handbag with money diary and consult cards etc

i dont bother with footspa when im mobile, as it was awkward with extension leads and extra towels and carrying etc, i just use bowl and lovely bubbles and clients are always happy, must admit i saw the heel to toe one on offer ages ago £2.99 or summit, do wish id bought it now, might see if theyve got any next time im passing sally's

hths xxx

Thanks for posting footspa pic Maggie, looks good. How long does it take to inflate? Where did you buy it from?

It looks quite deep so I imagine it would feel nice for the client and good for removing products. x

It takes about 30 secs to inflate the bottom section and then about a min or so to inflate the sides - no time at all! I found it in Sallys - which was just by chance as i don't tend to get any supplies from there normally. I asked the lady in Capital if they stocked anything similar and she'd not heard of them.

You only need to fill it to the first 'Bubbly' bit (for want of a better word :lol:) and it covers the foot. So no worries about it splooshing about when you carry it. And there's plenty of room to work when removing masks etc. Great invention!

Ladies how do you do it with your own sitting arrangements?? I would like to do it but want to protect my back! I guess I could do it on my mobile couch and get it very low but what if they want to sit on their sofa??? Thanks

Hi there,

I bought an inflatable footbath before my Belava foot bath but didn't use it because on the back of the packaging it said that it corrosives can not be used on it so that took away all chances of disinfecting with Barbicide, Accel, etc..

So my question is how do you disinfect your foot bath without ruining it?? I am asking because I would still like to use the brand new inflatable one I bought if need be. I have the same heel to toe one from Sally's.

Thanks in advance!

i only have one trip to the car with my pedi stuff :lick:
I have a footsie spa with disposable liners so i have a liner i use to cart my products in on top of the new liner for the client in the foot spa. And my beauty boxes case with my general nail kit, shellac etc.

Apart from the footspa and pedicure products which i decant into smaller tubs to make things lighter i dont have much extra stuff than normal! haha

Latest posts

Back