Mobile phones at work

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

haircaz

Reaction score
Mobile phones at work do u let staff use them during work

My main job is customer facing and I manage a team of 25 and none of them would dare use their phones during working hours.

If they need someone to get hold of them in an emergency then they are given a landline number. Just look at it the other way round, you go to get your hair or nails done or even popping into your local shop & the member of staff is texting or chatting away to someone on their phone....I would not be happy.

No need in my opinion they can do it on their time not mine ie lunch break.

I personally think it looks totally unprofessional! However don't think there's anything wrong with staff taking their mobile phones to work with them as long as they are kept in their bag & only used on lunch breaks!!

Thanks for replys xxx

It annoys me when clients answer their phones - staff shouldn't even have theirs turned on during shifts!

I agree that they are unprofessional! If they carry them on themself and use them when they are with a client thats a big no no and as a professional myself i would dream of using my phone when with a client. I do however think that they should be able to use there phones in the back so ive they have a 10mins gap and are grabing a drink they can use there phone then!

Sent from my HTC Vision using SalonGeek

If there is an emergency like their child has taken ill at school then they should give the salons number to be used then but otherwise phones should be off or on silent.

On lunch breaks or if there is a lull between clients and nothing else is needing to be done like restocking, cleaning, prepping for next client or such like then they could check their phones then.

I'll be mobile once I qualify but my phone will be on silent while I am with a client and I can pick up my messages after I am done.

Total no no!

I get them to turn them off and put them away even better dont even bring them into salon

If its in their lunch break I don't see a problem, they are adults not children. You can't stop staff from bringing their phone into work, anymore than you can tell a member of staff they can't bring their ipod into work. If its in their bag, turned off or on silent I seriously don't see a problem.

Using them whilst they should be working is another matter. Dear me, how did we all manage before mobile phones eh:lol:

Latest posts

Back