Mobile prices inclusive of blowdrys?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sophiahoney

Reaction score
I was wondering if other mobile/ self employed geeks have the blowdry/finish in with the colour price?
Im looking at restructuring my prices soon and was thinking of having the finish included. It may be easier all round and avoid those clients who say 'i'll just have it blast dried' to try save a few quid, when you need to see the finished result especially after new colours etc.
Also, for those of you who do, how much extra on your colours do you charge? Thanks x
Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi there,
I'm not a mobile, but would definitely advise you to include a finish.
You need to see the cut/colour yourself before you leave, to make sure you and the client are happy with it. Other wise, you could end up getting a call later saying it hasn't dried up as they expected it to!
Also, as you have mentioned....some of them are after CHEAP AS CHIPS.
Now, if your O.K. with that....fine, but I'm sure, like most of us professionals, you have a real pride in what you produce, and that sense of pride comes at the end, when we see our finished 'DO'.
This finish is also our walking advertisment. If they are left to 'scruff dry', lets be honest, it will never show our work to its best advantage!
In the salon, I do all inclusive pricing...no hidden extras, clients appreciate this, I get job satisfaction, they leave looking gorgeous, and it keeps this profession...PROFESSIONAL.:)

I always include a blowdry. It's professional and makes the client feel special after having their hair done. They get it at a salon so to keep my clients I always include the blowdry :)

Sent from my SM-N9005 using SalonGeek mobile app

I include the cut and blowdry so if they don't have it cut it's their loss and will have to pay more for me to come back just to do that. I figure I'm there so an extra few minutes is no harm

Mobile or salon doesn't really make a difference, a blowdry is a WHOLE other service. We had this issue recently, but on a Saturday why would anyone want to do 7 FREE blowdries. The beauty of a salon is an assistant can do it while we crack on making money.

We put it like this-
All colour services need to be dried afterwards.
Technical blowdry is £10 or professional blowdry is from £27.
Rough dry is FOC.

Or you could do an express blowdry is £xxxx blowdry is £xxxx

Our rough dry is blast dry but we take a halo section and the fringe and use a paddle brush just to smooth so it looks shiney. Technical is a quick blast, big sections all the way through. Professional is anything you want.

The issue is we do some big bouncy blowdries and it needs to be charged.

We have clear guidelines so clients have the choice. My stylist is terrible for freebies and upgrades. So the I get the complaints of 'well it was free last time'.

I know you are mobile but it's still the same trying to make money and run a business.

I hate all these separate costs when I go to the Salon, I feel like I'm being cheated or conned. Just give me the total cost. Having it coloured and then not dried or paying extra for it being dried it like leaving it half finished.
It's like putting your car in to be serviced, then they add on all these extras, drives me nuts (pardon the pun). I just want to know the total cost.
I remember years ago going yo a salon which charged extra for conditioner and mousse!!! Loved the cut and colour but didn't go back. Would have happily paid the total price had I been told it at the beginning, but you go in thinking it is £ and then we need to add this and then that and it all feels a but sneaky.
You do a good job, price to reflect it, but be transparent with your pricing. Customers prefer it!

How is it sneaky?

A blowdry is a separate service - everytime a client books a color they are asked would they like a cut. If not they are offered a finishing service.

Salons charge for removal of gel nails (some don't) I could claim that's a hidden cost, should be part of the service, it's sneaky.

At the end of the day time is money, my tint is £60 and my blowdry £35, why would I give 30% of my bill away for free!! I could be doing another £60 client.

I add the cost to the price, colour, cut and blowdry £xxx...colour and blowdry £xxx.. If they just have it blast dried.. Still the same price.

Sent from my D5503 using SalonGeek mobile app

What a nice mixed bunch of feedback.
Id say about 75% of my clients always have a cut or colour with a blowdry. If its a restyle or new colour i insist on them having a blowdry, as i would never allow them not to,i couldnt see my finished work otherwise.
Its my fav part aswell to be honest, seeing it all in its glory after styled.
I think when clients are at home they feel like, i may aswell dry it myself as im here and save a tenner etc. I will look into adding it into my colour prices then just having the cut as a seperate service.
Thanks to all for your advice/experiences x

Hi ellies angel, i do know what you mean but im talking about the clients who CHOOSE not to have a service i.e the blowdry. Some just choose the colour, wet cut and a blast dry. Not me trying to hide prices or not offering the service to them. Some just have colour and blowdry no cut,i feel like they are the paying client they can pick whatever services they would like. Most of mine will say ' so my colour is £*** and then what will the cut & dry be?' So they know the costs before i arrive. Also i find clients have no worries to text and ask the cost beforehand so theres no shocks. The beauty of being self employed i guess. I was just looking at whether its helpful to both me & the clients atall to price it another way. Id like all of them to have blowdries so doing it as 1 price would encourage that i guess :)

I price my colours to include a blowdry which I blast then smooth with a brush, but I will always offer a blowdry as extra if they want it ill do a full blowdry I find that works for me.... I get that Times are tough and i am very reasonably priced so if they want more of my time they have to pay for it.. I dont feel its sneaky, during consultation I go over there expectations and pricing... I had a trainer from click say how important it is we done undesell ourselves .. we are trained and constantly training in our proffession I go above and beyond to fulfill my clients expectations keeping them happy ect. :)

Sent from my A500 using SalonGeek mobile app

My colour services include cut and finish, if no cut required I charge £10 less if I can depends on colour work

Sent from my C1905 using SalonGeek mobile app

I include the cut and blowdry so if they don't have it cut it's their loss and will have to pay more for me to come back just to do that. I figure I'm there so an extra few minutes is no harm

My thinking exactly they end up paying to get it cut I a few weeks time anyway. I include cut and blowdry in price ont charge extra if it's a restyle

My thinking exactly they end up paying to get it cut I a few weeks time anyway. I include cut and blowdry in price ont charge extra if it's a restyle

So if they dont require a cut, you charge them for it anyway?
Do your clients know that they are paying for it without having it? And they are happy to pay it again a few weeks later??

Try to get your clients into a regular 4 - 6 week cycle, they book with you before you leave, much more efficient, and lets you plan your diary ahead ....They will need the ends at least trimmed, so the all inclusive price, in my opinion, works.

This method, encourages loyalty, you become a regular on their calender. Also, as mentioned before, they are your walking advert...you don't want them 'passing' on the offer of a cut because of the price.
To me, a blow dry, is a blow dry. If they want it casual, fine i'll blow it, and 'rough it up' at the finish. If they want a full on curly, then thats what they get. The finish is always professional.

I would only add to the price, if on consultation the hair is extra long/thick, and so more product/time will be used.

My colour services include cut and finish, if no cut required I charge £10 less if I can depends on colour work

Sent from my C1905 using SalonGeek mobile app

is your cut and blowdry £10 as a separate service?

I'm not mobile, but my colour prices include the blow dry.
I've not yet had anybody ask to skip the blow dry - although I do have one woman who prefers you to rough dry with your fingers, she pays the same as everyone else does.

If they want it cutting at the same time as a colour appt. I charge half price for the cut - so just £10.00 - as the hair is being washed and blow dried anyway so it's taking me less time and product to do it.

(when i say less time and product i mean as in - they are not coming back two weeks later having it washed and dried again if that makes sense)

How is it sneaky?

A blowdry is a separate service - everytime a client books a color they are asked would they like a cut. If not they are offered a finishing service.

Salons charge for removal of gel nails (some don't) I could claim that's a hidden cost, should be part of the service, it's sneaky.

At the end of the day time is money, my tint is £60 and my blowdry £35, why would I give 30% of my bill away for free!! I could be doing another £60 client.

I'm not suggesting for one minute you give away 30% of your bill for free! I'm suggesting you charge £95, colour which includes a blow dry, if they choose to walk out with wet hair so be it.

Nobody walks away with wet hair. Especially paying £95!

So if I charged £95 for a colour and blowdry is not given the client a choice.

Mrs Smith gets a rough dry after her monthly root tint- £60 a month- every so often she books on a Friday and pays £95 to get herself a big bouncy blowdry.

What if a client wanted a cut too? Would you charge £60 for the cut ontop?

We like to give clients a choice depending on time and money

I think If the client is having a colour service then you should either include it and blow dry in the price or offer it additionally but at a reduced rate to your normal cbd price. After all it's quicker doing a cbd is the hair is already washed and wet. Than if you did it on a whole new client.

Latest posts

Back