Mobile prices same as salon?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MLNails

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
I have just registered my nail business as mobile and salon.
Should I charge the same price for my mobile clients as the salon clients?
OR
Add in a blanket amount which would cover the cost of petrol which by the way is HUGE!

If any aussies read this can you suggest an insurer?

Thanks guys

I am not mobile..but if i were..straight away i would be covering my petrol in addition to my pricing. eg. home salon tech charging $6o i would be $70-75. Clients need to pay for the privelige of not needing to leave the house..dont let it cost you..you are worth it!

Ditto what was said.

A blanket charge might not be wise, because then those going to the salon, might gripe since you don't have to travel to them. Know what I mean?

Not only do you have to consider "petrol", but also the wear and tear on your car AND your time spent IN your car to get to and from. Over the course of a few appointments while mobile, the time spent travelling could have been spent on a client.

Example: if you were travelling to 3 clients. And the total travel to and from for all of them is 1.5hrs. Those 1.5hrs could have been spent doing a set while in the salon and so, it's lost revenue. See what I mean? Just as you charge for your time doing the work, I personally feel that you should charge for your time spent SAVING THE CLIENT TIME AND HASSLE by going to them. Your time is no less valuable than their's is.
Maybe others don't see it the same, but that's how I would do it.

hth's

Thanks so much for the advice. I really appreciate you helping me. After reading the responses it makes perfect sense to charge for this service. I was unsure............but not any more.

One more thing re prices........as a new kid on the block should my prices reflect my inexperience. For instance a Nail Tech with years exp. versus a Nail Tech with limited exp. In my heart of hearts I think I should charge less even though I'm not half bad! What are your thoughts?

I would maybe use some introductory prices in the first six months or so, but always let clients know that your prices will rise after that. Reason i say this, is because i know many people who kept their prices low in the beginning, but found it hard to raise them when they gained more experience.

If you are up front in the beginning, then it won't be so hard for you to do it. Hope this helps.:)

I would charge more than the salon...as i think you need to differentiate between a mobile business and 'homers'. Also i agree with introductory prices, but again dont go too cheap, being new or inexperienced does not make your treatments any less proffessional or products less expensive to you...anyway there are loads of 'experienced' techs that didnt get any better with it and charge fortunes :eek:

Your overheads are much lower than a high street salon!!

Latest posts

Back