mobile prices??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

funkymonkey

Reaction score
Hi can all you mobile hairdressers help, what sort of prices do you charge for cuts colours etc?

Hi can all you mobile hairdressers help, what sort of prices do you charge for cuts colours etc?

I don't do mobile cos I am too soft, I never get paid , so don't make that mistake hun,

you could go to the local salons and find out what they charge and charge the same or just a little less because you have your petrol to consider too,

also it will depend how experienced you are too HTH:)

I have a mobile lady come and do my hair...in the salon with her for a cut/colour and blow dry is over £100.....mobile she charges £40.....great for me but i cant help feeling she is selling herself short....she works part time in the salon and mobile on the other days....her boss is fine with her doing both. x

I have a mobile lady come and do my hair...in the salon with her for a cut/colour and blow dry is over £100.....mobile she charges £40.....great for me but i cant help feeling she is selling herself short....she works part time in the salon and mobile on the other days....her boss is fine with her doing both. x

Yes it does seem very reasonable. I myself would be happy with that with and perhaps the cost of any extra products added on,
and a bit more for petrol around 50-55 quid say ? :)
what do any other mobile hairdressers think ?:)

mine charges £55 , i have colour put on, i have all the products , all the hairdresser does is put it on for me.

i think i must be charging to little i charge max 45 thats with all colors cut and blow dry what do you all think not enough or ok? i have been hairderssing on and off for 17 years

Hi There, my hairdresser is part time mobile so still working a salon 3 times a week. She charges £15 for a cut and blow dry (med length hair) and £10 for my husband to have clippers.
Not bad but still charges £55 for cut and colour. Not sure how this compares?

Prices depend on which part of the country you are in. I dont see any reason why mobile should be cheaper than salon, in fact i'd go as far to say it should be more. You have to take into account your petrol, the inconvenience of taking all the stuff in & out of the customers house & that it may not be at hand while you are carrying out the service. On top of that you may have screaming kids charging around, be interupted by phone's or people calling at her door, rinsing in a bathroom that you can barely turn around in & to top it all off you cant do any trims or similar while her colour is developing.

Prices depend on which part of the country you are in. I dont see any reason why mobile should be cheaper than salon, in fact i'd go as far to say it should be more. You have to take into account your petrol, the inconvenience of taking all the stuff in & out of the customers house & that it may not be at hand while you are carrying out the service. On top of that you may have screaming kids charging around, be interupted by phone's or people calling at her door, rinsing in a bathroom that you can barely turn around in & to top it all off you cant do any trims or similar while her colour is developing.

This is true and I get what you are saying. As a hairdresser they are all reasons and hassles that do justify charging more.

However, thinking from the clients point of view I would not pay more than a salon for those very same reasons!

Why pay more for your hair
  • to use your own water
  • to have kids running around
  • to be interupted by phone/husband/dog/doorbell
  • to bend over a bath/sink
  • to have to clean up bath after rinsing a colour/foils
  • to have to sweep up your own hair
  • to have to make your own brew!!!:lol:
All of these points are reasons why a client mite not pay more than a salon price. At least going to a salon you can relax completely and you don't have to clean up!

Just some thoughts to help out. XxX

look at what the nearby salons charge and think about how far you are prepared to travel to clients

I'm not a hairdresser, but if I did have a Mobile one I would expect to pay the same rate as a salon really (if the hair dresser was as good)

as a nail tech I'd hate to think my clients were getting a cut rate service just because I'm not salon based. your prices should be a reflection of your qualifications/skill and professionalism. why sell your self short , this applies to us all I guess, if will all start going cheaper and cheaper none of us will earn a living xx

i have a friend who charges £30 for colour and cut, she takes a round £400 a week after petrol and products i think i would go mobile when i do my course but i will go to a salon first

Well ladies, apparently Lee Stafford charges £1000 for a home visit, but this one includes some serious aftercare and a very VERY good cut, so I have heard. So it really depends how good you are. I would LOOOOOOOOOVE to be able to charge that. :green:

Latest posts

Back