mobile prices

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emmalouisa

Reaction score
hi shall i go cheaper than the high street prices im starting mobile not much response yet , my prices r roughly the same thinking of going slightly cheaper wat do you guys think just concerned about my petrol as my car uses alot of it as its a big engine need one of those smart cars really lol

Maybe you should buy the smart car that was for sale on here yesterday?

lol wish i had the money next year cause of my age my insurance will be free under my partners name on a car so maybe then xx

Or get a scooter with a BIG box on the back for all your nail stuff?????

Bunny said:
Or get a scooter with a BIG box on the back for all your nail stuff?????

lol I'd like to see that - where do you put your stool or table :confused:

lol even looked at the ford ka my cousin has one and just about fit my mani tool box in the boot would never get my couch and table in it lol

LOL!! You'd end up looking like a 1 man display team!! HA HA HA!! I don't know what you have to lug around but I've got a little corsa & can fit in there my tanning couch, folding table, case with all my stuff in it & a bin. Mind you, I did manage to fit a cross trainer in there at one point. (Does this count as exercise?)

lol yes corsas r ok my mas got one will have to test drive my cars next year with all my equip in it lol

HI

If i was to go to someone to do their treatment i would charge more or at least the same. I am based in a salon but if someone desperately needed me to come to them i would charge a call out fee the ammount would depend on how far.
HTH

Bunny said:
LOL!! You'd end up looking like a 1 man display team!! HA HA HA!! I don't know what you have to lug around but I've got a little corsa & can fit in there my tanning couch, folding table, case with all my stuff in it & a bin. Mind you, I did manage to fit a cross trainer in there at one point. (Does this count as exercise?)

:lol: :lol: Whos a funny bunny then, display team, he he love it...

Hi Emmalouise,

With regard to prices - I wouldn't charge lower than local salons. Being mobile means you have different costs, but doesn't necessarily mean you should be cheaper. A good manicure or pedicure uses the same amount of products and time whether it is performed in a salon or at the client's home.

Most clients consider it a luxury to have a professional treat them in thier own home and are happy to pay accordingly. Being mobile doesn't mean second best. Perform fantastic treatments and your clients will be rebooking you again and again.

Good luck.

Kind regards,

Karen

Karen said:
Hi Emmalouise,

With regard to prices - I wouldn't charge lower than local salons. Being mobile means you have different costs, but doesn't necessarily mean you should be cheaper. A good manicure or pedicure uses the same amount of products and time whether it is performed in a salon or at the client's home.

Most clients consider it a luxury to have a professional treat them in thier own home and are happy to pay accordingly. Being mobile doesn't mean second best. Perform fantastic treatments and your clients will be rebooking you again and again.

Good luck.

Kind regards,

Karen

I totally agree with Karen, keep your prices the same! You are not providing any less a service and the products etc are the same, my prices are the same as the salons nearby (in fact if not a little dearer!) J xx

Good question, wondering the same myself, I personally have pitched just a touch under local salon prices, but You dont want to go too cheap then have to put up your prices!!

MINKUS said:
Good question, wondering the same myself, I personally have pitched just a touch under local salon prices, but You dont want to go too cheap then have to put up your prices!!
This is the mistake i made ive put my prices lower than my local salons even though they are a lot cheaper than most places as you can full sets for £20 but on some things like the natural nail overlay i am too cheap and its now much harder to increase the price than it would have been to decrease it x x

I have done mobile for eighteen months and I always charged exactly the same as the salons £25 full set £20 infills. This is the average salon price round here. I always believed that I was giving a personal service and so should be able to charge a full price. And anyway you are saving them the bother of getting in their cars, driving into town, finding a parking space, coughing up for the parking fees etc etc etc. So NO dont charge less.

This is a difficult one isn't it? Salon's around my city charge £40 for a full set and £22.50 for infills (approx). I charge £25 for a full set now that I'm doing Creative. Before it was £20 which I thought was a bit of a cheek coz the product was 'Kak'! I feel that if your prices are cheap enough but still worth while then they'll obviously opt for you as they are saving money as well as having a service in their own home. There are so many Nail Tech's coming onto the scene at the moment and when you get a client you want to keep them.

I feel I provide a great service to my clients but if I were to charge round about the same as salons then my clientelle would half. Cruel World innit?

Good luck in what you decide Emma Louisa.

Sherry.x

...for sure, some people will find fourty pound a lot of money and some will find twenty a lot of money. Where do you draw the line?

Regards,

Karen

thanxs everyone im keeping my prices the same as the salons around me but offering 20% off to new clients hopefully that mite get some appointments xx

Now this is a fascinating thread! Everyone around me (friends, family) seem to think that mobile means either not as good or less overheads, they all think I should be cheaper. When we did eyelash perming at college, my friend asked if I'd be offering this as one of my services, as she'd never pay anywhere near the salon price of £30! So what does that mean? I should charge £5? GET REAL GIRL!!!

My oldest friend (30 years so far...maybe not much more after what she said!) thought I was expensive 'cos she knows someone who charges £15 for a full set, mobile, but in the salon where she works they charge £30. Another 1 who thinks we should be cheap! I told her you can either have it done cheaply or properly. Your choice luv!

I'm glad I read this thread, I'm definitely gonna keep my prices in line with the salons now!

Luv to u all!

Latest posts

Back