Mobile Table

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
nailsbynicola said:
the lamp is quiet good to but like you say it has a weird plug on it has anyone managed to get this going yet? :goal:

I got that table and lamp 5 months ago. My hubby took it into work and got the electrician to change the cable and plug. I use the lamp every day with no problems.

Hope this helps
Jackie X

Hi All

Just reading the post and ref the lamp - the two pin job is indeed American. I have one of these adaptors but I'm sorry to say that you would probably only be able to get oe from the USA (no one got friends there - that's how I got mine). I have the American equivalent of the UK travel adaptor but obviously it would not be for sale in UK - am I making sense here? You might try an American web site which sells electrical stuff and get one that way (you would be after a travel plug adaptor for UK).

thanks for that neetnails kinda typical aye :D ;) well i must get it going before tommorrow night so if hubbie cant do anything with it i will have to phone daddy and have a creep as he used to be a sparky 8) thanks girlies for all your help its a great little table and the lamp with it makes it worth every penny!!

forgot to ask jackie what wattage bulb do you use in yours? and does it get very hot? i just wondering how long it would take to cool down when you switch it off dont want to burn a hole in any thing as i am mobile and will have to take it with me in the car thanks hun

If the lamp is american, the 2 pins will be flat as opposed to round and it will say somewhere on the lamp that it is 110 volt instead of 240 which we have here in the UK and the rest of Europe.

If the voltage is not 240, then you will definitely have to have a transformer to change the voltage to 240.

thanks for that geeg wouldnt want to go setting light to a customers houses :? im off to check!

well now im confused :D just checked the lamp and it says its a 250v figure that :D so i guess it will be ok with the cable changed on it best give it to dad :D ;) i will let you know what happens :D

nailsbynicola said:
forgot to ask jackie what wattage bulb do you use in yours? and does it get very hot?

I use a 100 watt and it does get to hot to handle, but I'm not mobile anymore so it doesn't cause me a problem. Maybe a lower wattage or a smaller shaped bulb would help :idea:
Got your pm

Cheers
Jackie X

Hi all

I am really confused! I just picked my mobile table up from Sallys and I've had a look at the lamp and the previous messages and I do not have a clue how to get it to work. Please help :?

Thanks

Melanie

Mine has a two flat pin plug and is indeed as Geeg says, American as it also states it is 120v. Hubby says the only thing to do is as Jackie's hubby did - get the lead and plug changed. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back