Mobile - taking payment

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dollygirl1990

Reaction score
Hi Therapists!

I am in the process of starting my own mobile beauty business, I currently take cash or bank transfers but I know there's the option of a mobile card machine, but the ones I've seen charge. What are the most successful methods you've found?

Thank you x

I am in the same boat at the mo! Apart from I'm a hairdresser, I don't know how useful it will be because people know we are mobile do they get the cash out and not expect a card machine? X

I am in the same boat at the mo! Apart from I'm a hairdresser, I don't know how useful it will be because people know we are mobile do they get the cash out and not expect a card machine? X
Iam a mobile hairdresser and stopped cheques about a year ago , such a pain trying to get to the bank , waiting for them to clear etc !! Only accept them for retail and all my clients are fine about it , a few forgot in the beginning so I personally would only offer that type of payment if you was retailing a lot as most clients book in advance so have plenty of time to have cash x

Iam a mobile hairdresser and stopped cheques about a year ago , such a pain trying to get to the bank , waiting for them to clear etc !! Only accept them for retail and all my clients are fine about it , a few forgot in the beginning so I personally would only offer that type of payment if you was retailing a lot as most clients book in advance so have plenty of time to have cash x
I don't tend to retail, I only get that if the clients are asking for it I order it especially & they expect to pay that cash too so I don't think for my customers that I have currently it isn't worth it, it definitely will be something I look to in the future xx

I'm mobile, I take cash I don't like bank transfer as people tend to take the mick and I end up waiting for the money but I have a payleven card machine I can use it for deposits as you can do card no present payments, payments via card obviously and it emails or texts the receipts to clients and it's only A 1.75% charge which when you work it out on services is literally pennies. It also gets rid of the old excuse "I've got no cash"

Yeah one of my worries is a new client who says they don't have cash on them I'll pay next time then they don't rebook.... I'll definitely look into one of those machines, thank you!x

Izettle is good and works plugged into a smart phone but they do charge a %

Or use Paypal.

I accept bank transfer done while I am there with them or cash. There should NEVER be the situation of 'I have no cash' because they booked the appointment and know they cost of they are having done but I do offer bank transfer as a few clients prefer to pay that way.

I use payleven also. But I charge all my clients £1 on top of their bill if they ask to pay by card.

Latest posts

Back