Mobile tanning - protecting clients homes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vickicartz

Reaction score
Hi all,

im wondering what other mobile spray tanners use to protect the clients homes from any over spray. I have an extraction fan which admittedly I do not use when im treating mobile clients, it stays in place at my home salon.
I currently protect the area around the tent with towels and when I’m booking new clients I always ask if there is room for the treatment to take place in a kitchen or bathroom, which usually have wipe clean flooring in case of any accidents- none as yet thank goodness!

One of my regular clients has noticed the tan settling on top of her kitchen cupboards which I’m mortified about it, but other than setting up a “Dexter” style plastic clean room it’s unavoidable! Luckily she works in beauty also so understands there’s not much I can do to avoid it.

Was wondering if anyone has any ideas that work for them which I maybe havnt considered? Thanks in advance

Hi, If you are not going to use an extraction unit you could use The Cube Inflatable Tanning Tent. If you stand close to the front of the tent and spray directly into the tent it will capture most overspray. As the tent is plastic, the overspray solution sticks to the walls of the tent.

Hi, are you finding that you are getting quite a lot of overspray? If so, maybe adjust the setting on your gun. There shouldn’t be much overspray, especially after one tan. You can cover surfaces that are close to you with couch roll. Also try to make sure there is a window open too xx

Hi, are you finding that you are getting quite a lot of overspray? If so, maybe adjust the setting on your gun. There shouldn’t be much overspray, especially after one tan. You can cover surfaces that are close to you with couch roll. Also try to make sure there is a window open too xx

Window open is a good idea- why I havnt considered that I have no idea ‍♀️

I have very little overspray. I’m not concerned with clients I see less often, my main concern is with my regular clients who I see once every ten days or so and have done for around 6 months now. It’s happened over the course of time.
Suppose I could warn regular clients that this could happen, although it’s getting that message across that it’s through no fault of my own and is ‘the nature of the beast’.....

Thank you for your advice

Hi, If you are not going to use an extraction unit you could use The Cube Inflatable Tanning Tent. If you stand close to the front of the tent and spray directly into the tent it will capture most overspray. As the tent is plastic, the overspray solution sticks to the walls of the tent.

I havnt heard of this! Definitely something I will look into, thank you

I'm not mobile but for a while I had to use my kitchen for spray tanning when I was between salons. I bought a cheap plastic tarpaulin/groundsheet (not too huge) from Proper Job and sat my tent on top and it was big enough to cover a decent area all around and also put my machine on it. Afterwards guvevut a quick wipe over with couch roll and fold up in on itself just in case you miss a bit of tan.

You could also buy those cheap plastic dust sheets and just quickly cover surrounding worktops/furniture. That's what I used to do and it did help, but I have to be honest, I was mainly only doing my daughter's tans at the time as it was winter, so not as busy and it was only for a couple of months, but over time I noticed my white wooden plate rack (which has a matte paint finish) picked up some of the overspray!! And I'm sure the walls have a bit of a tinge to them! I honestly don't think you can completely stop it (unless you use your extractor fan?). It drove me mad in the end so we incorporated a designated spray tan shower room in my new salon. No more cleaning a pop up tent, just shower it all away!

Latest posts

Back