Mobile tanning

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brownedcow

Reaction score
Hi there!

I'm new to Salon Geek and new to mobile tanning, and just looking for a bit of reassurance I suppose!

I'm all trained up, got my kit, done some practice tans that have had their teething problems but the resulting tan has been fab (im using Fresh Indulgence) and Thursday I'm off out to tan my first 'strangers' eeeeek!

Any tips for a newbie? They are friends of my cousin, and she is going to be there so that's good, but I'm petrified I'm going to do something ridiculously stupid!!!

Tell me that your 'first times' all went amazingly to make me feel better!!

Hi

I can't give you any advice as I haven't let myself loose on the general public yet :eek:, still working through my samples. Just wanted to say good luck and welcome to SG I'm still fairly new myself, but everyone is very helpful and friendly.

Gemma

Hi hun, don't be afraid.

Just stay calm, if they don't already know your new to it don't tell them.

Act confident even if your not.

It will all be over before you know it & you'll walk away with ££ in your pocket & hopefully some returning customers.

Double check before you leave that you have everything you will need in your bag.

Make sure you've got sufficient lighting! nothing worse than doing a tan & not being able to see were you've sprayed.

Trust yourself, your trained, you've practised.

Hope all goes well xx

Try not to worry, you'll be fine! I second what the previous poster said and don't forget, your client is usually a bit nervous about standing nearly naked in front of you, so try and work on making them feel relaxed and you'll forget all about your nerves!

Good luck!

i can remember my first 'stranger' very well. i had only just got my van and couldnt reverse very well and managed to reverse all over her front lawn, i called her the wrong name, i started to faint halfway through her wax and had to take my socks off before i went completly (thats the only thing that stops me fainting)... the list goes on...

any hoo, i can honestly say i have learnt from that situation. now if i get abit in over my head i say 'let me just pop out to my van and grab some more gloves' and then i have a sip of my water and breath. always carry deodrant, minty sweets and a bottle of water with you. make a check list of stuff you need to take to a clients and use it for the first few weeks and go over it twice, i once turned up to a waxing client without my pot haha i had to turn round, speed home and grab it, luckily she was only 2mins away. carry an extension lead with you, the amount of times i have got to peoples houses and they have said 'the plug is out that door, round the corner and next to the microwave...' hmm great! take your time, dont rush, dont think about the fact people might be thinking your taking ages, who cares... i'm sure theyd rather have a bloomin good tan than a rushed one. take a change pot too, clients always pay with darn notes and steal my coins! i have a float of about £40, 2x £5, 1x £10, 10x £1 and then £10 of 50pences, 20pences and a few 10pences and 5pences! do not try and carry too much stuff in from your car at once, i hit a clients dog in the face once with my chair because i was packed up like a donkey and couldnt see it LOL. i always take cleaning wipes with me like flash wipes, so if the client has kitchen floors and you can see bits of tan i give it a quick wipe after, they love that :lol: . always ask if you are ok where you are parked, if not ask where is best to park, alot of clients or clients neighbours get really funny about where you park. think of some questions to start conversations with and keep the convo going... holidays, nights out, any big events coming up. and last but not least... smile and introduce yourself! :D good luck!!!! YOU CAN DO IT!!! :hug:

i can remember my first 'stranger' very well. i had only just got my van and couldnt reverse very well and managed to reverse all over her front lawn, i called her the wrong name, i started to faint halfway through her wax and had to take my socks off before i went completly (thats the only thing that stops me fainting)... the list goes on...

any hoo, i can honestly say i have learnt from that situation. now if i get abit in over my head i say 'let me just pop out to my van and grab some more gloves' and then i have a sip of my water and breath. always carry deodrant, minty sweets and a bottle of water with you. make a check list of stuff you need to take to a clients and use it for the first few weeks and go over it twice, i once turned up to a waxing client without my pot haha i had to turn round, speed home and grab it, luckily she was only 2mins away. carry an extension lead with you, the amount of times i have got to peoples houses and they have said 'the plug is out that door, round the corner and next to the microwave...' hmm great! take your time, dont rush, dont think about the fact people might be thinking your taking ages, who cares... i'm sure theyd rather have a bloomin good tan than a rushed one. take a change pot too, clients always pay with darn notes and steal my coins! i have a float of about £40, 2x £5, 1x £10, 10x £1 and then £10 of 50pences, 20pences and a few 10pences and 5pences! do not try and carry too much stuff in from your car at once, i hit a clients dog in the face once with my chair because i was packed up like a donkey and couldnt see it LOL. i always take cleaning wipes with me like flash wipes, so if the client has kitchen floors and you can see bits of tan i give it a quick wipe after, they love that :lol: . always ask if you are ok where you are parked, if not ask where is best to park, alot of clients or clients neighbours get really funny about where you park. think of some questions to start conversations with and keep the convo going... holidays, nights out, any big events coming up. and last but not least... smile and introduce yourself! :D good luck!!!! YOU CAN DO IT!!! :hug:

Excellent advice there, all I can add is try to set your equipment up away from the main room where everyone will be, that way you will hopefully only be dealing with one customer at a time. I give out all my consultation forms at the beginning with hair nets etc and ask them to be filled in and ready. Then take all your kit out and line it up so that you can see everything, that way you won't forget something like barrier cream etc I'm a bit OCD with this and have everything in a perfect line then once I've used it for that client will move it forward/backwards in the line so that you know where your at in case you get distracted.

Have fun Hun you will love it.

Some fab advice - thank you.

I like the lining everything up idea, one of my stresses is that I will forget something crucial!

Another thing I do is have an empty cup in front of each solution to make it easier to switch cups if someone wants a different % then you know you 8 will be in front of your 8 bottle etc. I was always paranoid about spraying someone with a too high % by mistake lol

You'll find your own way and routine for everything soon enough

I can only agree with the previous posts, Ive been doing tanning for 3 months now and was petrified of my first client, but just stay calm and act like you've been doing it for years lol
Act out in your head exactly what you will need and check its in your bag as you do, don't forget consultation cards, business cards and defo an extension lead!
Also I take kitchen roll to spray through tan to check that the setting is correct
Another tip, is take Alice bands, hair bands and baby wipes!,
Good luck and remember you are a professional spray tanner! Lol x

Latest posts

Back