Mobile Tech

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kellyc

Reaction score
Wondering if anyone could help me, I currently work full time and am intending to take up doing nails from home at weekends etc mainly because i love it as a hobby as well as obviously earning a few bob. Does anybody know whether i will need to register myself as self employed with the Inland Revenue etc and what i need to do.
:|

Any earned income has to be reported to the inland revenue. Ella could give you good advice on this ... she knows it all.

their web is www.inlandrevenue.org.uk

Their advice is register withing 3 months or £100 fine.

Keep all receipts as these are all tax deductible.

No benefits to not owning up as they have far reaching powers.

Other contacts Business link or an accountant.

Hope you have success

Cathy

Hi there, i have just registered myself and all you have to pay is £2 self employed Ni contributions.
:rolleyes: And then obviously the tax at the end of the tax year. If you ring your local tax office they will give you a number for the self employed helpline, who will arrang for someone to call and see you, or u can go to them.
It is free and they advise you on all your book-keeping and stuff.
It is also handy as you can ask any questions.
The helpline is also always available after you register if you need it. Being self employed is not as scary as it first seems i promise.
And the people at the tax office are not really ogars, they are actually really nice and helpful.:lol:
Hope this helps and good luck.

Thanks for you response and its helped me alot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back