MOBILE TECH'S........how far are you prepared to travel to your clients?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MOBILE TECH'S....how far are you prepared to travel to your clients?

• 1-5 miles (one way)

Votes: 18 22.0%
  • 1-10 miles (one way)

Votes: 46 56.1%
  • 1-20 miles (one way)

Votes: 12 14.6%
  • 1-30 miles (one way)

Votes: 6 7.3%

• Total voters

Tiger Jay

Reaction score
I'm interested to find out how far you mobile technicians and beauty therapists are prepared to travel, to your clients.

Do you just take what you can get? Do you add on charges per mile?
Do you limit how many miles you travel?

Speak up, I'm listening!!!

hi

i will do upto 5 miles with no extra charge after that i will charge per mile (not happened yet so dont really know what i would charge but probably 50p/75p per mile)

xxxx

I do a 5 mile radius of my home I will travel further but would also include this in the price.

I will do up to a 12 mile radius, but if any clients out side of 6 miles, i will then charge £10 minimum for repairs, so normally they wait for their usual appointment. If anyone wants further i charge more.

I personally don't go any further than 10 mile radius. I worked that out to be approximately 15 minutes either way.

Any more than that would be pushing it I think. I don't charge anymore for going any further, as I don't go out any further!!:)

I have to say, i actually go 12 miles from me, but not really a 12 mile radius if that makes sense, but i have to say if i do go further, its only for multi bookings like a wedding party or childs party, or it wouldn't be worth my while and would be expensive for the client.

The furthest I'll go is about 12 miles, but she's not a regular. My furthest regular is 10 miles away, but I wouldn't go to her for 1 repair and she knows that.

If I do have a single repair to do I try and work so I'm in that area anyway, and most of my clients are happy with that and don't expect me to drop evreything to repair 1 nail!!

i usually go upto 15miles away (in distance though, not radius) as a nail tech, but i will travel further if im doing a wedding party (ie makeup & nails for the bride and at least one other person). Most of my advertising is done in my local area (except for the yell.com) so its never been an issue.I dont know if i would charge them extra or how much if ever i got asked in the future.

I've just learnt through my own mistake. I didn't initially state the distance I would be prepared to travel and had a booking for a 30 mile round trip. Considering I was offering an introductory discount (as having recently passed exam and taking longer than most to complete sculpts) I was kicking myself. But you live and learn and now it's one of the things I clarify first when taking a booking and have updated on my literature.

I've just learnt through my own mistake. I didn't initially state the distance I would be prepared to travel and had a booking for a 30 mile round trip. Considering I was offering an introductory discount (as having recently passed exam and taking longer than most to complete sculpts) I was kicking myself. But you live and learn and now it's one of the things I clarify first when taking a booking and have updated on my literature.
You're not the only one to make this mistake, I did this myself when I first started. And don't we learn quick!:)

I will go up to 5 miles which covers my town and several villages.

More than that and they can come to me. Everyone so far has been within my range though.

When I go mobile at the end of march I am planning on having a 5m radius. I would go further, but when you consider that I live only 11 miles from Croydon and it can take well over an hour to get there......... I have to keep my area quite local.

I have a 20-mile round-trip limit, with a £10 minimum charge. Then it's 75p per extra mile.

I travel up to ten miles, although if it's a group booking I have been known to travel up to 20 miles. I charge extra for over five miles, i dont always charge 'per mile' sometimes I charge on how quick I can get there. Ie a two mile journey through a busy town centre would take the same time as a ten mile trip down the motorway x

I'd travel up to 30mile round trip, but advise client that there would be an additional charge for travel, I would advise them to ask friends or family so they could spilt the travel cost I would only charge £10 which would cover the petrol, I think thats fair, then basically its up to them if they want me.

I travel about 30miles out and even further for parties and pamper days, i incorporate my time into the price and quite enjoy travellign up on the train to london to do special clients not that i get them often but fun when i do, and i always seem to come away with freebies for the kids as well.

Upto 10 miles for me and then I add on a 50p per mile charge if anyone wants me to go further. I have a couple of clients who've moved house and pay me this, but I prefer not to take anyone on out of this radius and recommend them to elsewhere if I can.

As standard I prefer 5 miles oneway max as I live in a heavily conjested area and five miles can take upto 1/2 hour. I will travel further but request a higher fee for compensation in loss of earnings.

Latest posts

Back