Mobile Techs, what's your uniform like?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LMA

Reaction score
I currently wear a tunic and bottoms - all black. And I know some mobile techs don't wear any certain uniform at all.
But I like to look the part and just wondered whether I should jazz things up a bit (rather than keep to dull black just because it's safe)? I'm still only in my first year of trade and haven't made anything yet so it could seem like an unnecessary expense to buy all new clothing when I've already got some... What do the rest of you think?
X

I havent bought any yet as im just starting out but when i get a bit more established im gonna invest in some.. probably pink/black x

I've been wearing a hot pink tunic with black trousers, or white leggings in summer, for quite some time now. I'm very shortly changing over to purple tunics. Everyone who has mentioned how I look has said I look very professional in my uniform. I wear it both in the salon and when I do mobile work too.

Hi I'm mobile and I wear black trousers and a purple tunic and my towels are the same purple :)

Sarah :) x

If its a new client I will wear my black tunic and black trousers but if its a regular I'm more relaxed with I wear a black t.shirt, black cardigan and black trousers. If its the client with the massive white Labrador who NEEDS to be kissed and cuddled repeatedly throughout my visit I wear jeans and try and steer away from black! :lol:

I wear black trousers with a charcoal grey tunic, or iv also got a black t shirt with my name and logo on which i sometimes wear, especially if the weather is hot.

As a mobile therapist i think its even more important to wear a uniform, to remind our clients that we are professionals as they sometimes think that as we arent in a salon its just a hobby :mad:

That said, in the summer when it was really, really hot, there was a couple of occasions when it was just too hot to wear black trousers and a tunic/tshirt, especially to do 90 minute massages in, so i wore a plain simple summer dress to keep cool, and just explained to my clients that it was important for me to be comfortable to give my best treatments!

I wear black kimono style tunic with leggings. In the summer I wore a black jersey midi skirt and a tshirt with my business name and number on in hot pink swarovskis from miia boutique (twitter @miia-boutique)
I also have a zip up hoodie with business name and number on the back.
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1386594987.013200.jpg

A bit off topic (sorry op) I'm mobile an wear a black tunic but find at the end of the day they stink, I'm not a sweaty person and when wearing cotton tops it's fine no smell but my tunic sticks it's disgusting and soooo embarrassing when it gets near the end of the day an I'm leaning over someone- not nice! So I'm started wearing cotton tops but don't feel as professional in them. I'm going to buy some new tunics as the ones I have now the smell is just ingrained in them :s yuck! But don't want to have the same problem! Can any of you recommend a tunic that's not that nylony material please? Xxxxxx

There seems to be lots of colourful tops or at least colourful writing if it is a black top. I think my current completely black look doesn't do me any favours.
Think I might try look for a tunic that matches the colour of my leaflets... (Sort of aqua ish teal ish colours)

So that brings me to another question, where to buy from!?
As I've said I haven't made any money yet so I can't exactly splash the cash but the previous stuff I bought online hasn't been the best quality and fit for myself (very tight on my hips (I'm a pear shape but like longer tunics) and some of the buttons come open sometimes lol - not obviously bad and button thing hasn't ever happened whilst face to face with a client but still annoying!) X

A bit off topic (sorry op) I'm mobile an wear a black tunic but find at the end of the day they stink, I'm not a sweaty person and when wearing cotton tops it's fine no smell but my tunic sticks it's disgusting and soooo embarrassing when it gets near the end of the day an I'm leaning over someone- not nice! So I'm started wearing cotton tops but don't feel as professional in them. I'm going to buy some new tunics as the ones I have now the smell is just ingrained in them :s yuck! But don't want to have the same problem! Can any of you recommend a tunic that's not that nylony material please? Xxxxxx

Good point! Mine get a bit wiffy too lol. So in addition to my last post what material of tunic do you all find to be best? Or any other advice really... X

I agree. I am not a sweaty person but the fabric of my tunic really holds odour. I wash it at a high temperature in case it is trapped within the material. I want to wear tunic though as I agree it looks more professional. I wear a grey tunic and grey work pants. It will be interesting to find out if certain fabric mixes are good for odours. Probably the ones that crease to hell would be good!!!! X

There seems to be lots of colourful tops or at least colourful writing if it is a black top. I think my current completely black look doesn't do me any favours.
Think I might try look for a tunic that matches the colour of my leaflets... (Sort of aqua ish teal ish colours)

So that brings me to another question, where to buy from!?
As I've said I haven't made any money yet so I can't exactly splash the cash but the previous stuff I bought online hasn't been the best quality and fit for myself (very tight on my hips (I'm a pear shape but like longer tunics) and some of the buttons come open sometimes lol - not obviously bad and button thing hasn't ever happened whilst face to face with a client but still annoying!) X

I like the company buttercups. That's who I use. Nice quality at good prices and they do 3 for 2 deals too. If you want to save some money you could have a special iron on logo made or a badge to attach to what you have for now x

I feel really uncomfortable in tunics so tend to wear normal clothes with an apron with my logo on over it. I know a proper uniform looks more professional but I just can't stand them. I'm going to get some tops with my logo on in the new year.

I agree. I am not a sweaty person but the fabric of my tunic really holds odour. I wash it at a high temperature in case it is trapped within the material. I want to wear tunic though as I agree it looks more professional. I wear a grey tunic and grey work pants. It will be interesting to find out if certain fabric mixes are good for odours. Probably the ones that crease to hell would be good!!!! X

I've found some linen ones on diamond design but they're quite pricey and I know they will crease really quickly. Us geeks need to design some ourselves lol!!

I'm debating getting some round neck cotton tops, get them embroided (sp!) maybe add some diamonds or something lol!? Anything that doesn't make me smell like I haven't washed since the day I was born lol!! Xxxxx

I have a lilac tunic and bleck trousers.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I like the idea of wearing an apron as well as a tunic. The tunic material does hold in odours though are they partial nylon? I always wear a cotton tshirt underneath my tunic to hold in any smells or sweat seems to do the job!

I'm going to order myself a black apron, a black jumper and a black tunic with my logo on in the new year and then I have the choice each day!
X

At the moment I'm wearing pink tunic with with black trousers, however in the new year I am changing to a black shift dress with my logo in so I can wear black tights in the winter & be cooler in the summer!

Last summer I wore black city shorts with pink vest top with a badge on!

I've found some linen ones on diamond design but they're quite pricey and I know they will crease really quickly. Us geeks need to design some ourselves lol!!

I'm debating getting some round neck cotton tops, get them embroided (sp!) maybe add some diamonds or something lol!? Anything that doesn't make me smell like I haven't washed since the day I was born lol!! Xxxxx

I am just having a logo designed so maybe this may be an option in the future to have it embroidered on a nice t shirt , Or at least in the summer. I wear a nurse uniform part of the week and no sweaty smells. I don't want to smell like the great unwashed either. I wonder if its just the make as I had one from Florence Toby and I don't remember it smelling. Unfortunately it doesn't fit now :( x

At the moment I'm wearing pink tunic with with black trousers, however in the new year I am changing to a black shift dress with my logo in so I can wear black tights in the winter & be cooler in the summer!

Last summer I wore black city shorts with pink vest top with a badge on!

I would like to wear a dress. They look so nice but I feel as I do a lot of tanning I couldn't be lady like when I am bending down! X

I wear a black tunic but I got it from 'Florence Roby' so it's peplum and it looks smart but pretty! They have some wonderful tunics on there xxx

Latest posts

Back