Mobile therapist gut feeling!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aqua_Gecko

Reaction score
I have a new client booked in who contacted me via FB Messenger. They were quite persistent and when I told them I didn't cover their area they said they could go to an alternative address nearer. The messages were odd too. On having a look at their FB profile they have no pictures, no info, you can't add them as a friend and have no friends! This has rung alarm bells with me! I might be being paranoid but something just doesn't sit right. I am going to cancel the appointment as I just feel uncomfortable about the whole thing. Have any of you mobile therapists had a gut feeling something was wrong and what was the outcome?

Definitely cancel it ! go with your gut instinct... I am not mobile but if something doesn't feel right then thumbs down

I Second that! Go with your gut!! I've been mobile for YEARS!! All my business is word of mouth, so normally there is a link to the person I'm treating. On the odd occasion I may get someone I don't know, but you must go with your instinct if this doesn't feel right! I don't use FB, especially for business, full of time wasters. But if you are not desperate for the money I would avoid it!! X

I have a new client booked in who contacted me via FB Messenger. They were quite persistent and when I told them I didn't cover their area they said they could go to an alternative address nearer. The messages were odd too. On having a look at their FB profile they have no pictures, no info, you can't add them as a friend and have no friends! This has rung alarm bells with me! I might be being paranoid but something just doesn't sit right. I am going to cancel the appointment as I just feel uncomfortable about the whole thing. Have any of you mobile therapists had a gut feeling something was wrong and what was the outcome?
Can you call them instead? That way you get to speak to them, see what they're like & if you're still uncomfortable after talking to them, trust your gut & don't go to the appointment.

Can you call them instead? That way you get to speak to them, see what they're like & if you're still uncomfortable after talking to them, trust your gut & don't go to the appointment.
They wouldn't give a contact number! Another red flag!

No phone number and no full name...no treatment, just not worth the hassle and problems.

Omg yeah definitely cancel its really suspicious. It's either psycho or another business making a fake appointment because why else would you not give a name and number ? Xxx

I'm not mobile, but NO WAY! The whole thing sounds so dodgy. Keep yourself safe. Could be nothing, could be something; don't risk it.

I'm mobile and i too this sounds very suspicious xx

Definitely sounds dodgy Hun!
As a rule I always make sure I speak to anyone I'm going out mobile to then you can sort of judge on the phone .
I always get a bit nervous going to someone new. I make sure hubby knows where I am. xxx

I have a feeling it was a fake appointment as I've seen they are friends with a local business who do the same system as me! I sent them a message to ask if they knew this person, they've read it but no reply! [emoji58]

I remember years ago there was a mobile hairdresser and she would cut and colour this mans hair. She said he was quiet, polite and seemed ok. But every time he got his hair coloured it was a different colour. Guess why........he was a murderer. So after every murder he would change his hair colour. This put me off of going mobile.

I remember years ago there was a mobile hairdresser and she would cut and colour this mans hair. She said he was quiet, polite and seemed ok. But every time he got his hair coloured it was a different colour. Guess why........he was a murderer. So after every murder he would change his hair colour. This put me off of going mobile.
[emoji52][emoji52][emoji52][emoji52] kin ell

[emoji15] For real now? I guess they caught him but OMG what a case!

To the matter at hand, I have an objection. I have a FB account and it’s empty. Only thing you can see is my profile photo. I don’t add friends and I don’t accept any. I have added a couple of business partners but that’s just for convenience rather than anything else. I only made the account so that I may manage my FB business page. Seeing an empty profile isn’t necessarily a bad thing.
Failing to provide a phone number and all the rest however is indeed a red flag, so best stay away from them

Don't go, cancel and block them. What £30 agaist your life

Send a message explaining that you always need to speak to new clients in person for safety reasons. little white lie but better to be safe than sorry!
Some people are just very private but if they are willing to give you their address I don’t know why they can’t give a contact number for your peace of mind. Go with your gut on this one I think!
If they are genuine, they should accept your polite explanation.

This thread was started in August. What happened?

Latest posts

Back