Mobile therapist - how much did your kit cost?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Holliex

Reaction score
What's the average amount everyone has spent on their mobile kit? I looked at shellac today and just to buy one bottle of colour is £17! Never mind buying chairs, couches, and all the other equipment needed. I'm wondering how I will ever afford to buy all these things. Don't want to turn up to a clients house with 2 bottles of nail varnishes to choose from lol! X

I have no idea how much it cost as its amassed over the past 3 years :) I dread to think :eek:

If you are starting out (I guess) I'd work out which system/s you want to start with and cost out a system at a time, then work out where you go from there.

Eg I trained with CND for L&P then added Shellac and so on. I have just picked up polishes as I go but others will have different experiences.

Could you maybe buy 5 and market it as a collection maybe your traditional colours could be the Classic collection, maybe 5 bright colours together could be called the Summer Collection that way you wouldn't have to buy loads and loads but its something that could work in with your marketing:

Choose one of our bright colours from the Summer Collection etc

Hope that makes sense?!!

lol

Hi
My kit started from college and has got bigger with birthdays and christmas etc.
If it is a gel polish system you wanted to start with then my friend that is just starting mobile asks her clients what colour they have in mind and orders it in for them then that client will be happy with coliur and you dnt have to buy loads straight away just a thought

Thank you for the replies. I have a basic kit from college. Manicure, pedicure equipment etc. but I'm also trained in waxing, massage, tanning, micro derm and so on and these things are so expensive. I was looking at the nouvatan kit and that alone is over £180. I just don't have that spare to spend so I'm thinking it will take me ages to save and buy each thing I want! :( x

Im in the process of doing the same thing! It took me a year to save for college and during my year at college ive been saving to do some CND training.
Once ive done that i will save for the shellac kit + course and carry on like that.

Its all expensive stuff, but quality so i will make my money back.

In the beginning i wanted it all right away, - im very impatient! Its not going to happen like that for me though so i gave myself goal for this year which was year at college - a few more weeks and thats done, to save for the next lot of training- done! and to buy a mobile table and light - half way there! Next years goals are to train in massage and tanning and to develop my nail skills more (shellac)

you'll get there!!
x

Sent from my GT-S5360 using SalonGeek

Eek, I don't even want to think about it.
But I didnt buy it all in one go and I didnt offer all I do now when I first started.
When I first started Shellac for example, I spent about £300 and then have gradually built up my colour range.
x

Eek, I don't even want to think about it.
But I didnt buy it all in one go and I didnt offer all I do now when I first started.
When I first started Shellac for example, I spent about £300 and then have gradually built up my colour range.
x

£300! I didn't realise things were so expensive! I looked at one bottle then gave up :/ lol x

Im in the process of doing the same thing! It took me a year to save for college and during my year at college ive been saving to do some CND training.
Once ive done that i will save for the shellac kit + course and carry on like that.

Its all expensive stuff, but quality so i will make my money back.

In the beginning i wanted it all right away, - im very impatient! Its not going to happen like that for me though so i gave myself goal for this year which was year at college - a few more weeks and thats done, to save for the next lot of training- done! and to buy a mobile table and light - half way there! Next years goals are to train in massage and tanning and to develop my nail skills more (shellac)

you'll get there!!
x

Sent from my GT-S5360 using SalonGeek

That's what I'm trying to do! I want it all now though! Feel like its gonna take forever! X

Have you done a business plan? This will help you figure out how much you need to start up and when you will be able to afford more stock

hth

P.S. we don't publish prices here as this is a public forum and anyone can see what you write

Have you done a business plan? This will help you figure out how much you need to start up and when you will be able to afford more stock

hth

P.S. we don't publish prices here as this is a public forum and anyone can see what you write

No I haven't , I wouldn't no where to start! There are so many things I need and so many new treatments coming out! X didn't no about prices thought we could say, sorry.

Have u tried princes trust for fundin, I'm goin through them n they help wiv business plans n everythin x

The way I looked at it was yes, initially disappointed that I couldn't have it all :D but honestly if I'd had all these kits I think it would have taken me forever to be proficient in even one thing. What you wouldn't want is to be a jack of all trades, master of none. So turn a positive into a negative and enjoy each thing at a time, get it well and truly under your belt and then save for the next one. Work out a business plan, start with what services do you need to start with, that will actually generate money for you to start earning back. You'll get there xc

Have u tried princes trust for fundin, I'm goin through them n they help wiv business plans n everythin x

No I haven't heard of them. Do they help with going mobile? X

The way I looked at it was yes, initially disappointed that I couldn't have it all :D but honestly if I'd had all these kits I think it would have taken me forever to be proficient in even one thing. What you wouldn't want is to be a jack of all trades, master of none. So turn a positive into a negative and enjoy each thing at a time, get it well and truly under your belt and then save for the next one. Work out a business plan, start with what services do you need to start with, that will actually generate money for you to start earning back. You'll get there xc

That's a good way of looking at it! I'm thinking of starting with tanning. X

Yeah I'm wantin to be a mobile nail tech. I've just completed there explore enterprise trainin n they learn u cash flow, business plan, record keepin n HMRC cum n do a talk n then u will have one on one meetings wiv ur mentor. I'm havin trouble wiv my qualification atm tho, dunno if I'm qualified or not x

Yeah I'm wantin to be a mobile nail tech. I've just completed there explore enterprise trainin n they learn u cash flow, business plan, record keepin n HMRC cum n do a talk n then u will have one on one meetings wiv ur mentor. I'm havin trouble wiv my qualification atm tho, dunno if I'm qualified or not x

Good luck with starting out! X

Latest posts

Back