Mobile therapist or home salon?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

holllllyx

Reaction score
Im trying to decide between either going mobile once or twice a week or just setting up myself at home. I’m aware of The change the insurance & getting in contact with the council etc that comes with having a home salon so have the business side all down - but client wise what do they prefer? And how does everyone cart their kit around with them being mobile? Or would I be able to do both? Thanks in advance!! X

Hi Holly,

I’m newbie as well so I don’t think I can help a lot but I was setting up salon at home but since I live in a village, about 15 mins drive to nearest town ( I thought it’s not far really ) but it’s enough to put people off to come, they always said it’s a bit far out ! And unfortunately I can’t really mobile as I use machine for my treatment. But I’m planning while I’m just start, I can offer mobile, but once I’m up and running and busy then I cut it down or charge them extra for mobile.
Hope that help x

I assume you don't already have clients in this case. People who like to have treatments at home and people who want to go out for it seem to be in two seperate camps where they like one or the other. Pick what will work best for you and go from there.

If you are only going to do one day per week from home would the costs of treatment license, extra insurance, changing home insurance, etc work out for you?

How to carry your kit if you went mobile can depend on what treatments you are going to be doing.

delete

Last edited:
I think it’s a good idea to do both, ask clients to come to you if it’s easier but offer the option to go to them for a small extra charge for petrol. I have cases for different treatments e.g. one for nails, one for lashes etc. They can get a bit heavy but they’re perfect for taking in my car. I’m also planning to buy a portable beauty couch that I can put in the back of my car for people who want massage and things from the comfort of their own home. I find a lot of people like it at their own home because it’s easier but of course some like to go to more of a salon environment, but I think while you’re starting out, I would do both xx

I think it’s a good idea to do both, ask clients to come to you if it’s easier but offer the option to go to them for a small extra charge for petrol. I have cases for different treatments e.g. one for nails, one for lashes etc. They can get a bit heavy but they’re perfect for taking in my car. I’m also planning to buy a portable beauty couch that I can put in the back of my car for people who want massage and things from the comfort of their own home. I find a lot of people like it at their own home because it’s easier but of course some like to go to more of a salon environment, but I think while you’re starting out, I would do both xx
Hi can i ask what do you use when you go to someones house to do their lashes for them to lie on?

Hi can i ask what do you use when you go to someones house to do their lashes for them to lie on?

I've seen people use portable massage tables for this.

I do both and it works well. I charge extra to go to someone house. But it’s a nice split working from home and also knowing I get a nice little drive and change of scenery everyday x

I usually put a chair at the end/side of their bed and ask them to lay on their bed, if there’s not enough space to that I’ll have them rest their head on a pillow on my lap x

Latest posts

Back