Mobile therapist scheduling app

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gabbieriot

Reaction score
Hi all!
I went self employed 6 months ago and business is going from strength to strength - Best thing I ever did!
However I am looking for an app that is can use for scheduling and appointments, something that will send text/email reminders and that will be easy to use. I am mobile so do not want something that clients can book online with as I am in various places each day and this would cause complications, if it could be switched off that would be fine. But feel that this would be a better option for my business as my partner could access if something was to go arise and he would know where I was if needed, I am planning on keeping a paper diary also but feel this would be the way forward for my business and I couldnt easily adjust my working hours as I do with pen and paper!

Any suggestions would be gratefully received
Thanks,
Gabbie x

I use Shedul which is free, sends reminders and breaks down time into slots so you can allocate yourself travelling time etc. Everyone is impressed with the free reminder service 24 hours in advance and it’s so much better than lugging a paper diary everywhere I go.
Highly recommend

I use Shedul which is free, sends reminders and breaks down time into slots so you can allocate yourself travelling time etc. Everyone is impressed with the free reminder service 24 hours in advance and it’s so much better than lugging a paper diary everywhere I go.
Highly recommend

Can you get this on iPhone? I can’t seem to find it as an app? Only a website?

Thanks

Last edited:
It isn’t an app, but I use it on phone and iPad, I would say it’s easier to use on the bigger screen. If u don’t want online booking you just don’t implement it. It is a useful tool for accounting as well.

Hi there, Booksy you can get on android as well as iPhone as well as website/tablet/ipad. You can also turn the online feature on and off as frequently as you want. It comes with marketing, deposit/cancellation fee features as well as text or email notifications to remind your clients of their appointments automatically. you can also have as many devices logging in as you want. hope this helps. drop me a line if you would like to know more xx

I use shedul too. I'm a mobile therapist i find it works great x

shedul is brilliant, and free,
text reminders sent, works on smartphones,

Highly recommend

Hi Beachy Waves, do you allow your clients to book online ? I’m going mobile soon and wondering whether to have this as an option ? Thanks! X

If you can get Google Play, there is a Shedul app on there instead of using the website.
I’m looking into using this for my mobile business.

Can you get this on iPhone? I can’t seem to find it as an app? Only a website?

Thanks
It has an app now called Fresha

Hi Beachy Waves, do you allow your clients to book online ? I’m going mobile soon and wondering whether to have this as an option ? Thanks! X
Yes, I signed up to Fresha plus (Shedul has rebranded to Fresha) and clients can now book themselves in online which is great. It hasn’t taken over re-booking in person with my regulars but has brought me quite a bit of new custom.

I got allocated an account manager called Tom, who is great and helps me iron out any glitches or sections I don’t understand, and they are adding loads more features to it.

I only pay when a Client books through the Fresha App directly, and even then it’s only 20p plus 1.25% of the treatment charge. The best part is you get links to your diary directly from your social media pages, and if people come from there, it’s FREE (even if they’re new clients) so I copy and paste that on all my soc med posts and people book in using that. I get an email and a notification on the app when someone books in, so you don’t miss them, and they have to enter their card details to secure their appointment so it means you can charge their card 50% if they cancel without 24hrs notice, or 100% of the treatment price if they no show.
This alone is a godsend as despite only choosing to use it once, it meant that I have that insurance (which I feel is well worth the prices they charge, despite never actually having to pay more than pennies on each transaction so far)
You don’t need a separate card terminal- all the payments are sent to you weekly, and they don’t have to pay with the card they book in- it’s all just belt and braces.
I love it and would highly recommend it - especially the marketing mail shots it puts together. So easy.

That sounds amazing thanks so much for all the info!

It has an app now called Fresha

Yes, I signed up to Fresha plus (Shedul has rebranded to Fresha) and clients can now book themselves in online which is great. It hasn’t taken over re-booking in person with my regulars but has brought me quite a bit of new custom.

I got allocated an account manager called Tom, who is great and helps me iron out any glitches or sections I don’t understand, and they are adding loads more features to it.

I only pay when a Client books through the Fresha App directly, and even then it’s only 20p plus 1.25% of the treatment charge. The best part is you get links to your diary directly from your social media pages, and if people come from there, it’s FREE (even if they’re new clients) so I copy and paste that on all my soc med posts and people book in using that. I get an email and a notification on the app when someone books in, so you don’t miss them, and they have to enter their card details to secure their appointment so it means you can charge their card 50% if they cancel without 24hrs notice, or 100% of the treatment price if they no show.
This alone is a godsend as despite only choosing to use it once, it meant that I have that insurance (which I feel is well worth the prices they charge, despite never actually having to pay more than pennies on each transaction so far)
You don’t need a separate card terminal- all the payments are sent to you weekly, and they don’t have to pay with the card they book in- it’s all just belt and braces.
I love it and would highly recommend it - especially the marketing mail shots it puts together. So easy.
I have now downloaded and signed upto Fresha+ and I’m really confused about the fees. Will I not be charged anything if my client books directly from a link that I’ve sent them? It’s only if they find me on the Fresha website and book through that?? I’m currently using ‘square’ to take contactless payments which I signed upto before using Fresha. I’m not great with understanding stuff!! ‍♀️ X

I have now downloaded and signed upto Fresha+ and I’m really confused about the fees. Will I not be charged anything if my client books directly from a link that I’ve sent them? It’s only if they find me on the Fresha website and book through that?? I’m currently using ‘square’ to take contactless payments which I signed upto before using Fresha. I’m not great with understanding stuff!! ‍♀ X
Hi Claire,

Fresha Plus fees are for online bookings or when you protect yourself with "confirm with card" on a booking that you have placed in your calendar yourself. If you book someone in your calendar yourself and do not choose to confirm with card and protect yourself on No Shows or Late Cancellations then you will not be charged for any offline bookings.

Our fees are 1.29% + 20p for all new & existing clients for everywhere excluding www.fresha.com or the Fresha Marketplace App. On our marketplace existing clients will still be charged at 1.29% + 20p and new customers will be a one off fee at 20%.

Our fees include pretty much everything we provide, so your 24 hour text reminder, card transaction, no show & cancellation protection etc. So if anyone books online and you get them to confirm with card you won't need to use your square terminal to charge their card, just hit charge card when checking out their appointment and the system will do it all for you! :) Saves you paying two fees with our online booking and then squares transaction fee!

Hope this all makes sense! Please don't forget to check out our smart marketing campaigns which will bring another addition to your business including winning back clients and sending happy birthday offers automatically via email & sms!

Latest posts

Back