Mobile therapist - should clients sign?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cleopatra111

Reaction score
Hi guys

New on here!

I'm just starting out as a mobile beauty therapist and I've searched the internet for an answer to my question.

I am wondering if each client should sign something upon my arrival at their homes? (I did notice my friend had to sign some papers when she had a beautician come to her home). I have insurance etc but shouldn't they have to sign anything?

I have the website terms and conditions on the website but these don't relate to clients in their homes who may not of even used the website.

Any help will be greatly appreciated! Many thanks in advance!!

Do you mean consultation forms? Every client should sign a consultation form, usually including any contra indications, medical info including allergies, medication, personal details such as name, date of birth, contact info etc and any of your policies

Do you mean consultation forms? Every client should sign a consultation form, usually including any contra indications, medical info including allergies, medication, personal details such as name, date of birth, contact info etc and any of your policies
Hi Rachel

Thank you, but no, I already have those and those are signed anyway by my clients.. I think it may be the policies part?

Hi,

You must always get a signature from your clients confirming you have carried out a consultation and they are happy and understand what will happen in regards to their treatment.

If you do not get this signature, your insurance policy will be void!!

Hope this helps,
Charlotte x

Hi,

You must always get a signature from your clients confirming you have carried out a consultation and they are happy and understand what will happen in regards to their treatment.

If you do not get this signature, your insurance policy will be void!!

Hope this helps,
Charlotte x
Hi Charlotte

Thank you! Yes I do, on the consultation forms, but I am wondering if there are other policies that should be signed too :)

Ask your insurance company. What you're advised on here is irrelevant if it's not what your insurance company would say x

Ask your insurance company. What you're advised on here is irrelevant if it's not what your insurance company would say x
Hi thank you, I don't think the insurance company will help at all.. At the end of the day they would not want to pay out..

I think if you explain everything in the consultation for example - what's going to happen, realistic results, possible aftercare/contra actions and then the clients sign then it shows she is happy to under go the treatment having had the discussion. That way you've covered everything and her signature states she's happy therefore there's nothing she could then say as you've made everything clear, and if she's not happy and won't sign it, don't carry out the treatment!

Maybe st the bottom of your consultation form out a disclaimer which states the client agrees and is happy for the treatment to go ahead?

Charlotte x

Do you mean the terms and conditions bit? If so yes you will need to make them aware at the time of booking. There is more responsibility from the business to provide clarity. Law was updated 2015. For new clients sending them a policy by email is best as you have a record of informing them. I think when they call and book tell them at the time of cancellation rights etc so there is no misunderstanding.

Hi thank you, I don't think the insurance company will help at all.. At the end of the day they would not want to pay out..

Your insurance company is obliged to provide guidance regarding any terms and conditions attached to the policy, when asked for the information.

@squidgernetball is correct. Terms of business will vary between insurance companies so it's best to contact your own insurer for advice.

I'm not sure why you think they'll be unwilling to help, unless you're talking about an insurance broker, which is a different entity altogether?

I have worked for myself and had a a salon. I used to get a consultation form for certain treatments like Aromatherapy, make sure I did a consultation, and have the client sign it obviously, for tiniting also skin patch test and consult first treatment. I used to ask people, regular clients if anything had changed since last time but actually didnt fill one in every time for the same client. I have been to lots of salons, hair and beauty and they haven't asked me to sign anything apart from the initial consultation. I do have insurance and I know record cards have to be filled in, but every time they have a pedicure or whatever I dont think therapists do, maybe we should?

Latest posts

Back