mobile therapist - which car?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

orchid26

Reaction score
Hi

i am a mobile therapist, and i am currently considering to buy a new car.
Reason being is that i dont have a big enough boot!

Is anyone else a mobile therapist? what car do you have or can you recomend one?

It needs to have a large boot to fit in a couch etc

Any advice ould be useful

Thanks

:biggrin:

Hiya!
I have been mobile for a while now and up until recently had a Landrover Freelander while had space for everything in the boot, you can pick these up for a very reasonable price! If you do then go for one that was made after 2000 as the ones before had a few teething problems.
I now have a Renault Clio which is brill for tighter street parking and is nippy but lacks the space for a couch unfortunately!! I can get my nail desk and beauty box in though (all in the boot) !!
HTH xx

I've been pondering this myself, I've got a Range Rover at the mo brill for space but 4.6ltr petrol no good for making any profit!! I've to get rid due to other personal issues but I was considering a small van instead, Have you thought of that?

I have a Mondeo.
Loads of space - When I visit my family, I bring,
2 kids
3 small dogs
Spray tan euipment, inc tent
Pedi spa + products
nail desk
silver case (nail stuff)
Basket (more nail stuff)
suitcase with our clothes
a couple of pillows.
a gamecube
and a partridge in a pear tree

I have no problems fitting in my therapy couch when visiting clients for waxing etc.
I love my car - very reliable

But A NIGHTMARE TO PARK!!!!!

Hiya
No not considered van really. Money is the issue. It would mean having 2 vehicles..... 2 x tax etc. Needs to be economical etc. i dont know anyone else who has a van. Maybe it is worth me looking in to?

They need to invent a double decker smart car!!!!!

I have a Vauxhall Zafira. Originally bought because we have so many kids :lol: but it has proved itself over and over since going mobile.

I can fit in my couch, manicure table, bags of kit and the pushchair!!:D And of course if I wanted even more room I could just fold down the other seats too.

I think the only other car I would consider would be the Freelander.

i recently got rid of my pajero (imported shogun jeep) because £75 to fil it up was killin me, especially as it needed filling twice a month!! it also had fabulous space in back, but dosent have a boot as such, so everything in car was on show, so not gonna be practical when i start going mobile, when i was looking for new car, i was looking at a new mondeo (had one few years back and it was a dream) or a ford focus or the fusion, but i the end i went for an older C Class 220 diesel, its fab, massive boot space, ive had my two silver cases a suitcase on wheels,mobile desk and shopping in there, with plenty of room to spare,loads of room for kids and also easy to drive, park etc, insurance is cheaper than 4 x 4 was and cost £50 to fill, only needs filling every 4 weeks or so, best buy we've ever made and with my private plate on, no-one knows is aint brand new!!!

happy hunting, let us knw what u decide to buy

xxxx

Love my zafira.

I can have practically everything in my boot and still get people in my car. (I couldnt do that with my clio - my equipement took up every seat in my car).

Its big but I am more confident in it than my clio.

Citreon Piccaso's are brill we ewnt to south of france with 5 of us and all the gear, massive boot and if you go online i think carbrooker.co.uk or something about 2 grand cheaper

i was thinking about a ford focus, but unsure about the space. I dont like the idea of my things being on display. Then i thought maybe a focus estate????

Ford Mondeo hatch back has a big boot and you can pick up a second hand diesel one less than 3yrs old for £8k. Comfy and practical.

I still miss my tuscan that had a really big boot.

I have a Toyota Rav4 which fits loads of stuff in and is great for work. Uses quite a bit of petrol though.
But...I WANT a Peugeot 206cc I know that it won't be any good for work or family. I admit defeat on this.:cry:
So am contemplating a Peugeot 307cc. If anyone has one please let me know if it's any good. ie can it carry 5 people comfortably and does it have enough space for a mobile nail tech.

Hiya
No not considered van really. Money is the issue. It would mean having 2 vehicles..... 2 x tax etc. Needs to be economical etc. i dont know anyone else who has a van. Maybe it is worth me looking in to?

Don't get a van, I ditched my Peugeot 206 van as my car insurance was double as it's a commercial vehicle. Most domestic insurers wouldn't even quote a price for me. I'm 37 with a virtually clean driving licence for 19 years so it wasn't my age or driving experience that caused it, it was purely because it was a van.

Don't get a van, I ditched my Peugeot 206 van as my car insurance was double as it's a commercial vehicle. Most domestic insurers wouldn't even quote a price for me. I'm 37 with a virtually clean driving licence for 19 years so it wasn't my age or driving experience that caused it, it was purely because it was a van.

Thanks!! thats help me make my decision on that one!! i had a feeling it could effect tax or insurance. Cheers :biggrin:

What you need to do is just find a car you like, take your couch with you to see if it fits, thats what I do when i buy a new car.

What you need to do is just find a car you like, take your couch with you to see if it fits, thats what I do when i buy a new car.

So if I try to squeeze all my stuff in a pencil case can I buy the car?
Thank the lord I don't have to think of a couch.
Can I put Ted in the boot when I go and look at new cars? (don't tempt me):)

Then i thought maybe a focus estate????
Friends of ours have a Focus estate, it a really spacious car, loads of room in the boot (and I mean loads), it's a dream to drive too, I've taken them to the airport a couple of times and used it while they've been away, lovely car.

But...I WANT a Peugeot 206cc I know that it won't be any good for work or family. I admit defeat on this.:cry:
I have a Peugeot 206 Judy, my son is taller than me and fits in the back quite comfortably, hubby ended up in the back of the car on a journey yesterday and he said he didn't know why I was making out like we needed a larger car!!!
Maybe "JUST BECAUSE I DO, OK???" LMFAO

i was thinking about a ford focus, but unsure about the space. I dont like the idea of my things being on display. Then i thought maybe a focus estate????

You could get a ford focus c-max! Much much bigger than normal focus loads of boot space and very comfortable to drive!
hth's

Latest posts

Back