mobile therapist

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kylieb

Reaction score
Hi ladies!!
I am near the end of my nvq lev 2 in beauty and i'm driving myself mad as i cant decide what to do when i FINALLY qualify.I thought about working in a salon but quite like the idea of working mobile. Is there any therapists out there that have tried it mobile? If so is there money to be made? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I have just gone mobile myself, it's hard work - clients dont just come to you, you have to really push yourself! But my advice would be to try to get some salon experience before you go self employed, which is what I have done. good luck! :)

Salon experience does help you to get confidence in your treatment plus learn more. Also it makes you really appreciate being mobile when you leave and you work harder so you will never have to be employed in a salon again! :hug:

agreed! you will learn some useful things as well as maybe also learning how you DONT want your future buiness to be run! It all takes time, but will be worth it in the long run!

That's really usefull.Thank you so much!!! xxx

I have done mobile for 7 years, never went into a salon til I had 5 years experience. WOuldn't go back to salon work unless I worked for myself.

I've had happy clients throughout my 7 years and couldn't recommend mobile highly enough, be prepared to work hard to build you client base and relationships up - it's not easy at first and you have to be determind.

I have kids so it fits in perfectly.

Also more and more salons now require you to have level 3 beauty before you are employed.I have found this after finishing my level 2.I am going back in sep to do my level3.HTH:hug:

Mobile is really hard work and I think it takes much longer to build up a client base too. I only lasted a few months at it before I rented a room above a hair salon. My client base doubled almost instantly and of course you can fit twice the number of treatments into the same time it takes to drive to and from a clients house.

I would also agree that when working in a salon it is invaluable to have the support and advice of colleagues.

Latest posts

Back