Mobile therapists, how much cash to carry about?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeLaFemme

Reaction score
Hi I was just wondering how much cash you carry and in what denominations? I'm not sure what to take with me so I can give clients change x

Sent from my HTC One X using SalonGeek

i have a cash box with slots for different coins and an underneeth compartment for notes.

i carry:

1x £10 notes
2x £5 notes
10x £1 coins
6x 50p coins
10x 20p coins
4x 10p coins
2x 5p coins

bit random but its always worked for me. if i'm going to a pamper evening or a clients house where there will be more than 5 people i might pop a few extra £5 notes in as they go quickly! always keep £5 notes for work, never spend them in shops, give to family or give to the bank. I also have a purse under my seat in my van so if anything happens i always have money in there too for emergencies, in there is about £25 in change and notes. hope this helps :hug:

edit: forgot to say i don't actually have any treatments which are something pound something pence, they are all something pound, but sometimes if i do a offer i might need it and its always better to have it just incase :)

I take what I need, so say a client is have gel nails, that's £26. I'd have at least £14 on me. It's unlikely she'd give me a £50. I also usually tell clients how much the total cost of the treatments will be when booking and that I can only take cash, that way there's no confusion and we're all on the same page.

What I do for pamper parties is ask the host to get all the money together and pay at the beginning of the evening. I count the money out in front of the host and give a receipt. Once people start drinking things can get messy, and money can be 'forgotten'. I learnt the hard way. :/

I tend to carry hardly any spare cash on when working for security reasons, and make clients aware of this.

99.9% tend to have the correct money on them any way and now that I have Signed up and got a mobile card machine most clients are wanting pay by card.

Wether paying by cash or card I aways ask the client to settle their account before I start to avoid declined cards and 'i don't have enough cash on me' thing happening.

I carry a float of £10 made up of a £5 and change. Most of my clients have the right money ready .

Xx

Latest posts

Back