Mobile therapists - record keeping

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

littlemiss1t

Reaction score
Hi All,

I am changing from a home salon to mobile and I wanted to know how you all complete your record cards - mine at the moment are in a lever arch A4 file and it is rather heavy with all of my clients record cards - how do you travel with yours and what do you store them in.

I'm a bit confused with the new data laws to carry them with me - just in case one gets lost etc. Do you store yours on a computer - clients need to sign for any changes on their record cards?

Any help would be gratefully received.

Thanks

Carly xx

Make sure you only travel with the cards you need. Have the ones you need in a locked tin or something with them in while travelling.

Thank you Banner Penguin - mine are A4 size cards so I don't want to carry them all with me, so just take the ones out that I need for the day.
I would need some sort of lockable file?

Someone needs to design an app for this x

An app would be SO useful - we always have our phones with us. But, anything on your phone then changes the GDPR rules won't it, rather than on cards? I am going to book onto a course to know the best way to do this.

Carly xx

I keep mine locked in a metal box, and take a folder with new client cards and aftercare advice with me. Then just transfer the client record cards to the box when I’m home x

I keep mine locked in a metal box, and take a folder with new client cards and aftercare advice with me. Then just transfer the client record cards to the box when I’m home x

Thank you EllenHyuga - that's what I have decided to do.

Carly xx

Hi All,

I am changing from a home salon to mobile and I wanted to know how you all complete your record cards - mine at the moment are in a lever arch A4 file and it is rather heavy with all of my clients record cards - how do you travel with yours and what do you store them in.

I'm a bit confused with the new data laws to carry them with me - just in case one gets lost etc. Do you store yours on a computer - clients need to sign for any changes on their record cards?

Any help would be gratefully received.

Thanks

Carly xx

Hi.

I have a different question for you, if you don't mind - what made you decide to move from a home salon to a mobile business.
I am thinking of starting in a room in a beauty place or something rather than start off mobile x

Hi.

I have a different question for you, if you don't mind - what made you decide to move from a home salon to a mobile business.
I am thinking of starting in a room in a beauty place or something rather than start off mobile x

Hi Amylou1,

Well, in all fairness I am no longer with my partner and it was his house the summer house salon was - by my choice, AND having said this, more people prefer a home visit - I can instantly see them more relaxed than when they were in the salon & they loved the salon before.
They seem more themselves, more relaxed.

From my point of view, it breaks my day up more - I used to be in the salon, wishing I would get finished so I could get indoors to do housework and other things. Now, my day is broken up more (I do a part time accounts role as well). Being out in the car gives me the break I need in between clients and I'm not running myself ragged as I was before, thinking "I'm working from home, I will just book in another couple of treatments, because "I was at home" and putting more pressure on myself.

I know now, that being on my own or with someone, no one can take the mobile business away from me - so more secure in my own situation.

Hope that's helped a bit?

Carly xx

Hi Amylou1,

Well, in all fairness I am no longer with my partner and it was his house the summer house salon was - by my choice, AND having said this, more people prefer a home visit - I can instantly see them more relaxed than when they were in the salon & they loved the salon before.
They seem more themselves, more relaxed.

From my point of view, it breaks my day up more - I used to be in the salon, wishing I would get finished so I could get indoors to do housework and other things. Now, my day is broken up more (I do a part time accounts role as well). Being out in the car gives me the break I need in between clients and I'm not running myself ragged as I was before, thinking "I'm working from home, I will just book in another couple of treatments, because "I was at home" and putting more pressure on myself.

I know now, that being on my own or with someone, no one can take the mobile business away from me - so more secure in my own situation.

Hope that's helped a bit?

Carly xx
Hi Carly.

Ahh I see, Thank you for your reply, yes I am thinking I might rent a room a couple of days a week and be mobile the rest, I'm just not sure what to do to be honest, mobile gives you more area coverage but the lifting and carrying will wear and tear on my body being so small, a room in a salon will give stability and passing trade as well as my advertising.
decisions, decisions!!!

Best of luck with it all x

Hi Carly.

Ahh I see, Thank you for your reply, yes I am thinking I might rent a room a couple of days a week and be mobile the rest, I'm just not sure what to do to be honest, mobile gives you more area coverage but the lifting and carrying will wear and tear on my body being so small, a room in a salon will give stability and passing trade as well as my advertising.
decisions, decisions!!!

Best of luck with it all x

And you too - I always try and see any changes as a new challenge and make it a positive one, in one way or another. Go with both if it allows you too. In the end you will see where the demand is.

Carly xx

Latest posts

Back