Mobile therapists, what do you drive?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aayspa

Reaction score
Hi geeks.

As a mobile therapist I feel like I need a wagon to cart all my stuff about! The boot is full, the back seat is full, behind the front seats are full... It's ridiculous and now they seem to be making cars smaller! Or at least the storage areas them smaller.

I currently drive a Peugeot 307 which has been a dream at keeping me on the road with all my stuff but now she's slowly giving me problems bit by bit and it's just not worth spending the money so I need to take the plunge into a new/newer car but finding one with a boot big enough for the massage couch (I won't food the seats down so needs to fit in the boot) and a rear foot well big enough to put my nail trolley behind the seat (without me being pushed up against the steering wheel) just seems a tad impossible.

So I ask you fellow mobile geeks to tell me... What do you drive?x

I've been a mobile beauty therapist for over 9 years & for the most of that I drove a Citroen C3 - did fold seats down & it had a shelf in the boot so couch just slid in. Perfect & loads of room. Since October I have a Nissan Juke as my Citroen was 10 years old & getting unreliable. My Juke is like my Citroen with regards to boot - has shelf so couch slides in & fits all my stuff that I manage to pack in for my clients. Great car. Hope that all helps - all I wanted for a car was to make sure there was a flat surface (shelf) in my boot for couch, as eventually it would kill your back getting it in & out!

I drive a pug too. 306 meridian, I call her Wanda and she has so much space lol. I even have my daughters pushchair in the boot with all my equipment, including pop up tent, spray tan machine and just in case, emergency break down kit (never used that thankfully). I do hair as well so I often have my colour bag with me.
I don't know the size of a 307 if I'm honest but any medium sized family car seems to be ideal, I went to a showroom the other day to test drive a fiat Evo which had an amazing sized boot, only 3 doors though. My fave was a Honda Civic type R but it's way out of my price range lol. Nice size on it though. Hope this helps in some way. In the end I couldn't part with my 13 year old Wanda.

I used to do mobile in a corsa gsi 🙈 lol, astras have a fab boot size tho (I've got one if those now lol)

I used to drive round in my mg tf!!! Had to put my nail case in the foot well n no couch!! Then Honda Civic lovely big boot couch fitted in boot along with nail case n waxing equipment then I needed to get a pram in there as well!!!.......... Ford Mondeo!! Massive boot got the lot in!!! Xx

Thank you all for your input. You've been very helpful.

Think I'm going car shopping tomo lol x

I've got a ford fiesta 11 plate and as much as I love my car the boot space is AWFUL!
I had to buy a pram that fitted the boot, even if I didn't like it and now to put my kit in the car, I have to use the back seats and foot wells.

Strongly advise NOT to get a fiesta 11+ plate!

Have fun car shopping, let us know how you get on x

I've got a ford kuga- small 4x4 brilliant for boot space! Recently had a curtesy car Toyota rav 4 new style- was amazing for space

I have a Cheverlot Trax, which I love and the best bit is a plug socket so I can keep my wax warm while on the move!! lol

BMW 3 series . Huge boot and looks very smart!

Can I just ask what debzbeauty means by a shelf? X

Mercedes c class soooo much room!xxx

Can I just ask what debzbeauty means by a shelf? X

What I mean by shelf (not parcel shelf) is that when you fold your back seats down flat you would be left with a deep boot but some cars like my old c3 & now my juke come with a plastic shelf which levels out the back so you can slide your massage table in. (So if you were to lift the shelf up you have rest of boot underneath) Hope that makes sense?! Some cars have them & others don't - not sure if you can request them - have a feeling Ford do them on request. Don't quote me though!

Ok so...car shopping for something practical for work rather than something I'd like is definitely not fun!

Seems almost impossible to find something with a big enough boot to fit the couch (without putting the seats down) and to fit my enormously tall nail trolley behind the drivers seat and still be able to sit comfortably to drive oh and without purchasing a wagon sized vehicle. I'm in my 20's so would still like to look a bit fashionable! Seems you either have to buy a humongous estate kind of vehicle or something fabulously expensive.

Urgh nightmare impossible! I really do begrudge having to spend thousands of pounds on something I just don't like. The joys of being a mobile therapist!x

I drive a Smart fourtwo and its fantastic tbh. The boot is just big enough for my treatment couch and as they have enormous leg room my wheeled case sits in the doorbell and any other bags of stuff sit on the seat along with my stool. For a tiny car the space is amazing. I love love love it. Even my clients look at all the stuff and wander where the van is that brought it all lol.

I drive a Renault captur, the back seat fold flat and then the whole lot pushes forward giving you lots of space. It also has the shelf mentioned earlier, giving you even more room in the depth. Hth

I drive a Renault captur, the back seat fold flat and then the whole lot pushes forward giving you lots of space. It also has the shelf mentioned earlier, giving you even more room in the depth. Hth

I looked at that before I bought the Trax but thought it would be too small..gorgeous tho

I had an Astra a while ago which fitted my couch and there was plenty of room in the back, they look good and the newer ones will be Eco aswell. Have since downsized to an Eco corsa which again I loooove and saves a small fortune on tax/insurance and desiel but I don't think I would get s couch in it

I have a BMW one series and I can mange to fit my couch, waxing trolley, shellac trolley and spray tan trolley I'm the front and back and anything else in the boot lol xx

Latest posts

Back