Mobile Therapists

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Beauty Shed

Reaction score
Hiya,

Just wondering how you carry your equipment around with you? I know there have been a million threads about cases/boxes/trolleys and I've seen some nice ones so i don't want to know that.

My question is more of a do you fit it all in one or do you have 2 or 3? I don't see the point in lugging around a massive case with EVERYTHING in it if I'm not going to be needing it all. Maybe I could get a medium sized case and just put the things I need for the day in it? But then that would limit me on suggesting extras or if the client suddenly asked 'have you got time to do a ........... aswell?'

I have never done mobile before so don't have a clue.

I've also thought long and hard about this, at the moment I have a tall, three part, silver case with the top part opening out as a "tool box" (my mother just told me its called a cantilever movement - get her!!!!) and although this looks the part, it weighs a bloody ton!! I have everything in there that I may need from a full pedicure to overlays with nail art. Several times I have had bookings when people have said, "ooh, while you are here, can I have ......??" so I dare not take anything out!!

Also, I have an IBD 5000 lamp that doesnt fit into my case and is currently being carried around in a rather fetching black Tesco FINEST bag!!!!!!!! If anyone has any suggestions I would be very grateful :D

I first thought about putting my enhancement items in a different case to the natural nails things, but then thought what if some-one asks for shellac or polish on their enhancements? So I thought ok, just keep my mani/pedi stuff seperate but then they will also want polish or shellac. The only other option is to have 3 boxes, 1 for mani/pedi, 1 for shellac and polish and 1 for enhancements and then take in 2 boxes with me, but carrying 2 boxes and a folding table might be awkward!

Also, I could just take in exactly what I wanted and if the client asked for something extra then I could nip out to the car and get it.........it would be fine if the client has a drive but what about when I can't park by the house or they live in a high rise flat etc etc.....

Never realised going mobile could be so awkward, I miss my home salon.

Hiya, i think it would be impossible to keep every piece of equipment in one case! I would do my back in lol. I do hair also I have a cutting kit and colouring kit, I have a nails kit I have a mani and pedi/minx kit. I make sure I have everything packed up for the day and off I go. When im booked up I dont normaly have time to do quick other treatments becuase I am off to the next cleint. However if I think there is a chance I will need it I take the lot (if I have gaps in appointments someone may ring, saves me going home to get it). Hope this helps xxxx

I'm mobile and offer far to many treatments (addicted to training:lick:). I have seperate bags for each treatment plus a small shoulder bag with some essentials (folding bin, bin bags, oil, handwash, map, change purse, mints, diary, pens and consultation cards). I had a client recently that had a reaction to eyelash adhesive and was gutted she couldn't get them and asked if I had anything else with me and I didn't :( I was so cross with myself so the oil now goes everywere and I have take my minx kit in the car when I go out. I bought some plain black sports bags (they can come in some big sizes!) and keep the kit in these. I clean all my equipment when I get home and repack the bags in the morning (work at night) so that they are ready to go (doesn't stop me checking). I also bought clear toiletry bags out boots, they come in packs of three different sizes (about £8) to keep things neat inside the big bags. hth sorry its so long!

Annie

I use the alluminum train cases from yazoo.com

Hello

I use tool boxes the ones you can get from B&Q not the metal ones just the box standard tool boxes on wheels I have one for facial, one for waxing, one for manicure, one for pedicure, one for gel, one for L&P, one for spray tanning, one for minx, one for nail art, one for make up, one for towels, oh my god I didnt realise I had so many but its ideal and on each one I have pictures on them and gold lettering stating what each box is so when I go out its just grab and go type of thing really. plus they are not too expensive either each box has been under thirty pounds which is a saving in itself.

Yvonne

I tend to use 3 or 4 different bags and boxes for my things, but also like to keep them all in my car just incase I have extra time and they'd like another treatment.
I also have a great little wooden foldable table which I use for my MINX lamp so Im not attaching the clamp to their lovely furniture.
Hx

Latest posts

Back