Mobile therapists

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ali_d2003

Reaction score
I have moved 70km away from my hometown but my old clients still want me to come back to them. I charged them €5 diesel charge but its not really covering my cost of diesel. Its an hour drive there and back and some people are only booking in for a file and polish. How do i keep going back to them and make it worth while? What do mobile therapists charge per km? How do they encourage group bookings?

Can't you dedicate a whole day to your hometown clients? If they want you that bad which they appear to, then they will take what they can get.

I usually work from home but when I moved I had so many old clients still wanting to book in with me I now rent a room 1 day a week back there so they can all come in - if you're on a mobile basis then as charlottehair says you could just do them all in one day. I've found that those who really do want to stay with me make themselves available on the days I go back

They all seem to be asking me for different days, maybe i'm being too soft and trying to accpomodate them, im only off work on wednesdays and sundays, and they seem to be scatter all over the county they're all in different towns, how much do mobile therapist charge per km? What about the time it takes to unpack and set up and pack up again

You should introduce a minimum spend per visit. This way they won't just have a mini treatment which isn't worth your time doing.

As above - just do certain towns on specific days. You could give out a calendar stating where you will be on what date, this way you could vary the day you visit a place, so not always a Monday for example.

They all seem to be asking me for different days, maybe i'm being too soft and trying to accpomodate them, im only off work on wednesdays and sundays, and they seem to be scatter all over the county they're all in different towns, how much do mobile therapist charge per km? What about the time it takes to unpack and set up and pack up again

Hi @Ali_d2003 firstly please remember that there is a reason these lovely clients are staying with you and want only you to do their nails. Secondly, remember, you are a business woman, so if you are already seeing that the travel etc. is not worth your time, you have to give yourself a little talking to :). To benefit from this at all you need to be a little stricter with your flexibility, give them the days you are available and if it doesn't work for them, then tbh hun you are not losing anything are you, because you weren't really profiting in the first place, you could just concentrate on promoting your services in your new area, would make far more sense. It doesn't really matter how much other mobile therapists are charging because they want you don't they? So work out your costs, add 20% on top for your profit and put that out to them. Other suggestions are that you make sure they bring a friend or two to the appointment. I bet you have good relationships with them all and so you should find it easy to say, 'hey hun, as I'll be there, feel free to invite your friend or family member round and I'll do a little discount for their first treatment with me'. Sometimes clients don't even think to tell their friends about the fab service they receive. Sorry if I've babbled! Let us know how you get on. *I've run a mobile service for nearly 10 years now* xx

You should introduce a minimum spend per visit. This way they won't just have a mini treatment which isn't worth your time doing.

As above - just do certain towns on specific days. You could give out a calendar stating where you will be on what date, this way you could vary the day you visit a place, so not always a Monday for example.

Great suggestion, I used to get asked all the time about tanning just one half of the body, that would be miles away. I started saying 'sure I can do that, but you will still be charged full price, and I promise you, when you see just one half of the body tanned you will be gutted you didn't get the whole shabaz'. This has actually never failed me, every single person has opted for a full tan after me saying this!

Latest posts

Back