Mobile to chair renting?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

francesXXX

Reaction score
Have any hairdressers managed to successfully go to renting a chair from being full time mobile? Did your mobile clients start coming to you at the salon? I’m worried mine won’t.

I opened a salon from being mobile and my clients moved with me. I rent out my chairs and beauty rooms and none of my staff have struggled...we all did a bit of both for a while then they moved over :)

Hi how much do you charge your stylist for their chair rent? I’m trying to rent out a chair and unsure of what to charge.

Hi how much do you charge your stylist for their chair rent? I’m trying to rent out a chair and unsure of what to charge.
I pay £50 + vat (£60) a day.
I provide all my own resources other than milk.
I have my own cupboard for my colour, provide my own trolley for my equipment and store wet products and other stock in a couple of boxes in the store room.

I think it's a reasonable charge for the opportunity to work a 12 hour day in a well located salon with nice other team members.

I pay £50 + vat (£60) a day.
I provide all my own resources other than milk.
I have my own cupboard for my colour, provide my own trolley for my equipment and store wet products and other stock in a couple of boxes in the store room.

I think it's a reasonable charge for the opportunity to work a 12 hour day in a well located salon with nice other team members.

Can I ask where you are based? x

Can I ask where you are based? x

South East london/ Kent borders.
Avg price for a cut and blow dry is £50 at the type of salon I believe myself to be, although I set all my own prices and services times.

A rough guide for chair rent is to charge the equivalent cost of one cut/finish per day.
Increase or decrease this base figure according to any additional products and facilities provided.

Latest posts

Back