Mobile to salon

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Misskimsi3bee

Reaction score
Heya all,
I just need some advice...
I am a mobile hairdresser, but I have just started out really so I don't have very many clients at the moment.
I have been offered a great job in a salon which I have a trial for next week. Obviously working in a salon, I would want to bring my few mobile clients there. However, 2 of my clients (a couple) it may be an issue. The lady is her husbands carer as he is disabled and has an illness, so he cannot leave the house. I normally cut his hair, colour and cut her every 3 months or so, (they also pay me very generously!)
Any ideas on what I should do?
I don't want to let my clients down...has anyone else had this situation?

Thanks

Hi,
I'm not a hairdresser but a beauty & massage therapist!
I went from mobile to a salon and thought all my mobile clients would come with me, unfortunately that wasn't the case. Many told me that if I'd continued mobile they would still have me!
I have learnt that there are 3 type of client, ones that like having treatments at home, one that like treatments in a salon and others that are completely loyal and will follow you anywhere, anyway, anyhow :)
Work out what you are going to do to get new clients and be extra nice to the ones that do stay with you!
Good luck x

Very true what has been said. I worked from home then rented a room in a golf club and lost quite a few clients who didn't want to come to a golf club. I now have a salon in a barn in the middle of nowhere and have won a few of my old clients back. Throughout all of this I continued to do a husband and wife mobile. They booked me every 2 weeks for relaxing treatments. Could you continue to do them mobile? Can they definitely not come to the salon? If that won't work I'd pass them on to someone you know will look after them as well as you have.

Vicki x

Latest posts

Back