Mobile waxing, how do you pack?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phloxmiami

Reaction score
Hello everyone :)

I was considering going mobile. I enjoy waxing a lot but have a 6 year old and I wanted to try mobile mainly for the flexibility!

My current mobile waxers ... how do you try to pack lightly? how is your set up? do you use a message bed?

I saw a youtube video where the girl used a yoga mat. I found that very interesting, never seen it before.

I wax as well and honestly maybe it could work haha what do you guys think ?

Haha that sounds uncomfortable working on the floor.

A backpack that opens like a laptop zip bag is pretty useful as you can open it out on a surface and find stuff. Clear zip pencil cases for sticks and strips etc

So you’ve got

•Couch

• You will want to get some pvc or oilcloth approx 2m x 3m to go under the couch. You can wipe it with wax remover any blobs before folding up.

•Wax remover for inevitable spills

•Pre, oil & post

•Sticks & strips

• Hand gel, soap, PPE

• Cotton pads

• Tint if you do tinting for the inevitable can you do a patch test.

• Consult form

• A retail aftercare product for the client to buy

•Insurance for the spills and accidents

• Any wax with a screw lid eg just wax.

Tips
You can half heat before arrival, then put the pot on while you set up, should be just right. But not necessary. Should only take 15mins anyway.

Request a room with laminate or vinyl so you can clean easily, even if it’s the kitchen.

Don’t empty pots into the wax heater, so that when you are done they won’t spill all over the car. On that note, before you finish waxing the heater should be off and cooling down. When you might say ‘nearly there, not long now.’ So it’s cool enough that by the time you are packed up a spill in the car wouldn’t be disastrous.

You can keep the heater wrapped in cling film/ a carrier bag but I’d say just put an oil cloth sheet in the boot permanently for protection. Could even put some sticky back velcro on a storage box for it to sit in and attach to the car felt so it doesn’t fling around the car or knock over.

Haha that sounds uncomfortable working on the floor.

A backpack that opens like a laptop zip bag is pretty useful as you can open it out on a surface and find stuff. Clear zip pencil cases for sticks and strips etc

So you’ve got

•Couch

• You will want to get some pvc or oilcloth approx 2m x 3m to go under the couch. You can wipe it with wax remover any blobs before folding up.

•Wax remover for inevitable spills

•Pre, oil & post

•Sticks & strips

• Hand gel, soap, PPE

• Cotton pads

• Tint if you do tinting for the inevitable can you do a patch test.

• Consult form

• A retail aftercare product for the client to buy

•Insurance for the spills and accidents

• Any wax with a screw lid eg just wax.

Tips
You can half heat before arrival, then put the pot on while you set up, should be just right. But not necessary. Should only take 15mins anyway.

Request a room with laminate or vinyl so you can clean easily, even if it’s the kitchen.

Don’t empty pots into the wax heater, so that when you are done they won’t spill all over the car. On that note, before you finish waxing the heater should be off and cooling down. When you might say ‘nearly there, not long now.’ So it’s cool enough that by the time you are packed up a spill in the car wouldn’t be disastrous.

You can keep the heater wrapped in cling film/ a carrier bag but I’d say just put an oil cloth sheet in the boot permanently for protection. Could even put some sticky back velcro on a storage box for it to sit in and attach to the car felt so it doesn’t fling around the car or knock over.

Thanks for answering, this list is very helpful!

okay so, using the couch is okay ? I just did not want it to sound unprofessional but I personally don't see

nothing wrong with it. As for the wax pot should I get a 5lb wax pot ? I have experience with hard wax I've

herd for large areas like legs might be needed. I am not used to roll on wax.

Sorry for all the questions hahaha.

I’m a mobile therapist. I use Phd wax system - perfect for mobiles. No spills!

Hello, I am a mobile therapist and I also use the PHD wax system. It is super hygienic and no mess!

Depends on what waxing if for example it is just an underarm wax I would be ok with them being on their bed / sofa. If it is more then I would bring in my massage table you have to of course think of the clients comfort but you need to save your back as much as possible! Clients will always say their own bed is fine. It is fine for them but not the therapist!

Hello, I am a mobile therapist and I also use the PHD wax system. It is super hygienic and no mess!

Depends on what waxing if for example it is just an underarm wax I would be ok with them being on their bed / sofa. If it is more then I would bring in my massage table you have to of course think of the clients comfort but you need to save your back as much as possible! Clients will always say their own bed is fine. It is fine for them but not the therapist!

Absolutely. Anyone who has tried massaging their partner in bed and given up from being uncomfortable will understand 😂

I once knew a mobile Therapist that used a foam mat, like a longer baby changing mat, on clients dining room tables, when she couldn't carry her bed. I thought it was hilarious, but she insisted it was better than the bed or sofa

I've been mobile waxing for 10 years. I have a portable couch for leg & bikini waxing but if just underarms or facial waxing you can do that with your client sat in a chair. I rarely wax on a clients bed unless they can't get on my couch due to a disability. You have to be really careful of your back if waxing on a regular bed. It won't be at the correct height & doing it repeatedly could give you problems. Also if you're Wax on the floor on a yoga mat, you may find your knees wont thank you after a while!
IMO it's worth getting the lightest weight portable couch you can find. Mine is about 10kg. Unless you do massage as well, it doesn't need to be very heavy duty.
I also only wax where I can park reasonably close to the address. I've learnt that I just can't be lugging all the kit & couch for streets & streets. It's back breaking and also not time efficient.
Kit-wise; a plastic container roughly the size of a washing up bowl which my hot wax pot & all liquids - pre & post products stand in. That fits in either a large holdall or an IKEA bag to be kept level whilst carrying. For strip wax I use a roller. Just so much easier in every respect. Salon system do a single roller heater with disposable cartridges that fit inside.You might need 2 on the go if you're going from appointment to appointment.
Spatulas go in a plastic cup & cotton pads & paper strips in lidded plastic boxes. (A bacon box is the perfect size for wax papers!) Barbicide for tweezers in a small plastic kilner-style jar.
To protect the clients floor under the couch I bought some clear plastic table protector from my local hardware store. You can also get it on eBay by the metre.
Oh and lastly a long-ish extension lead. Can't always guarantee to be as near to a plug socket as you'd like in someone with else's house!
I heat everything before leaving home & as long as you don't travel more than about 45mins away& it's plugged in again as soon as you arrive at the clients house, it stays hot.
Having said all of that, waxing is the one treatment that if I had a suitable space at home , I would definitely have clients come to me. It's quite tiring preparing, carrying, packing & unpacking all the kit many times a day in all weathers. Some days I just dream of a treatment room lol!

Latest posts

Back