Quantcast

Mobile waxing, how do you pack?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

phloxmiami

Reaction score
Hello everyone :)

I was considering going mobile. I enjoy waxing a lot but have a 6 year old and I wanted to try mobile mainly for the flexibility!

My current mobile waxers ... how do you try to pack lightly? how is your set up? do you use a message bed?

I saw a youtube video where the girl used a yoga mat. I found that very interesting, never seen it before.

I wax as well and honestly maybe it could work haha what do you guys think ?

House Beauty

Reaction score
Haha that sounds uncomfortable working on the floor.

A backpack that opens like a laptop zip bag is pretty useful as you can open it out on a surface and find stuff. Clear zip pencil cases for sticks and strips etc

So you’ve got

•Couch

• You will want to get some pvc or oilcloth approx 2m x 3m to go under the couch. You can wipe it with wax remover any blobs before folding up.

•Wax remover for inevitable spills

•Pre, oil & post

•Sticks & strips

• Hand gel, soap, PPE

• Cotton pads

• Tint if you do tinting for the inevitable can you do a patch test.

• Consult form

• A retail aftercare product for the client to buy

•Insurance for the spills and accidents

• Any wax with a screw lid eg just wax.

Tips
You can half heat before arrival, then put the pot on while you set up, should be just right. But not necessary. Should only take 15mins anyway.

Request a room with laminate or vinyl so you can clean easily, even if it’s the kitchen.

Don’t empty pots into the wax heater, so that when you are done they won’t spill all over the car. On that note, before you finish waxing the heater should be off and cooling down. When you might say ‘nearly there, not long now.’ So it’s cool enough that by the time you are packed up a spill in the car wouldn’t be disastrous.

You can keep the heater wrapped in cling film/ a carrier bag but I’d say just put an oil cloth sheet in the boot permanently for protection. Could even put some sticky back velcro on a storage box for it to sit in and attach to the car felt so it doesn’t fling around the car or knock over.

phloxmiami

Reaction score
Haha that sounds uncomfortable working on the floor.

A backpack that opens like a laptop zip bag is pretty useful as you can open it out on a surface and find stuff. Clear zip pencil cases for sticks and strips etc

So you’ve got

•Couch

• You will want to get some pvc or oilcloth approx 2m x 3m to go under the couch. You can wipe it with wax remover any blobs before folding up.

•Wax remover for inevitable spills

•Pre, oil & post

•Sticks & strips

• Hand gel, soap, PPE

• Cotton pads

• Tint if you do tinting for the inevitable can you do a patch test.

• Consult form

• A retail aftercare product for the client to buy

•Insurance for the spills and accidents

• Any wax with a screw lid eg just wax.

Tips
You can half heat before arrival, then put the pot on while you set up, should be just right. But not necessary. Should only take 15mins anyway.

Request a room with laminate or vinyl so you can clean easily, even if it’s the kitchen.

Don’t empty pots into the wax heater, so that when you are done they won’t spill all over the car. On that note, before you finish waxing the heater should be off and cooling down. When you might say ‘nearly there, not long now.’ So it’s cool enough that by the time you are packed up a spill in the car wouldn’t be disastrous.

You can keep the heater wrapped in cling film/ a carrier bag but I’d say just put an oil cloth sheet in the boot permanently for protection. Could even put some sticky back velcro on a storage box for it to sit in and attach to the car felt so it doesn’t fling around the car or knock over.

Thanks for answering, this list is very helpful!

okay so, using the couch is okay ? I just did not want it to sound unprofessional but I personally don't see

nothing wrong with it. As for the wax pot should I get a 5lb wax pot ? I have experience with hard wax I've

herd for large areas like legs might be needed. I am not used to roll on wax.

Sorry for all the questions hahaha.

DebzBeauty

Reaction score
I’m a mobile therapist. I use Phd wax system - perfect for mobiles. No spills!

Latest posts