Mobile waxing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lady Murasaki

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm thinking about doing a waxing a course later on this year to add to my list of services.

I was wondering how popular waxing is as mobile treatment and the what the logistics of doing waxing mobile are like I.e. heating wax up in clients homes etc and which are the best waxing systems to use when doing this mobile.

Many thanks

Lady . M

will it's 6 of one and half a dozen of the other really... I guess if you're worried about spilling wax then a roller system like Hive might be best, unfortunately I prefer my wax pots so have a nearly new hive system sat that I used once ROTFL

One of them things I guess :)

Is it popular - again I guess it depends on where you are... round here it's ok, not many offer a mobile waxing service so for those who struggle with getting to me it's definitely handy - like mums with kids (make sure they are WELL away from your wax!!!!!)

Personally I heat my wax at home before leaving - I have a wicker basket they sit in and I tuck my towels in round them to further help keep them warm :) Then when I get where I'm going the first things out and on are the wax pots whilst I set up the rest of my stuff like the table etc :)

Thanks!

We have 2 mini spas in my village however none of them offer waxing mobile :)

I was thinking about getting a hive as I'm worried about heating up the wax too hot!

I'm doing a course at the end of May to offer mobile waxing to my nail clients. They all said they can't wait so there is quite a demand for it. It think I will get Hive too. I've just started looking into today on here so I will follow this thread closely and contribute if I learn anything to help us along the way. :D

I work as a health care 3 days a week, so when I'm not nursing I want to be out doing more mobile work, as only currently offer normal manicure, makeup and hair up mobile

I'm also going to adding shellac manicures and massage to list of services too towards the end of the year to get more business coming in.

Last edited:
Mmmm my concern would be any drops of wax on clients carpets or furniture, you know how it gets in a salon never mind a house? :)

Mmmm my concern would be any drops of wax on clients carpets or furniture, you know how it gets in a salon never mind a house? :)

You could always get a big sheet or something to cover the floor :)

I'm mobile and use the clean and easy roller wax system, I don't have any problems with spills using this method. I also have a leisure battery and inverter that I charge up and put in the boot of my car so I can heat the waxer up on the wax to clients.

I have a large shower curtain I use on the floor and towels for where the pots stand :)

I do mobile waxing and never had a problem dripping wax onto the floor. I just put my other hand underneath it when I am moving the spatula over to the client.

I heat my hive heater up before I leave and plug it in straight away, then by the time I've got everything else out, its ready to go again. I tend to put the whole wax pot in my heater, place the lid on top of it, then the wax heater lid, then put the heater in a plastic box to carry to the car. I haven't had any spillage problems.

TBH I have hardly had any clients for waxing, I am hoping it will pick up once I get my home salon up and running. I also want to do a hot wax course as atm I only do warm wax.

I work as a health care 3 days a week, so when I'm not nursing I want to be out doing more mobile work, as only currently offer normal manicure, makeup and hair up mobile

I'm also going to adding shellac manicures and massage to list of services too towards the end of the year to get more business coming in.

Hi can you tell me how u do your hair up do u have to be a fully qualified hairdresser of can you train doing just hair up. i really would like to offer that service to thanks x

Hi can you tell me how u do your hair up do u have to be a fully qualified hairdresser of can you train doing just hair up. i really would like to offer that service to thanks x
I've seen courses for wedding hair and you don't have to be a qualified hairdresser. MUSE London do one that's a week long, I think.

I am a fully qualified hairdresser however you can do courses at capital and through other training providers without doing a full hairdressing course.

It is beneficial though doing a full city and guilds (or equivalent) hairdressing course as you are taught more in depth about contra indications and other hairdressing techniques etc than on a one or two day course.

Also for insurance purposes you will have to make sure the course you do is accredited with a legit company/awarding body so that insurers will recognise it.

Hth

Latest posts

Back