Mobile waxing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Prettylitletips

Reaction score
I have my first client for mobile hi brows tomorrow and have seen a few people on here saying they use the clients microwave to heat the wax up quicker. The wax I have is jut a standard salon services pot , how lot do you have to heat this in the microwave?

I have never used a microwave myself but I guess it depends on the microwave settings as they do vary. It might be best to do it slowly and keep checking it as if its gets too hot you will have have to wait for it to cool.

As its your first mobile client maybe you should try it out on your own microwave to see how long it takes then guage it on that.
Good luck
Jack

Definitely do it slowly I heat my wax in 30 second intervals now after a funny but sticky experience with over melted wax :)

I always pre heat my wax at home before going to the clients

I must have the fastest heating wax Machine in the west! It heats up in minutes. U don't need the whole wax to melt for brows, the edge melts so quick I use that rather than wait for middle to melt.

I have my first client for mobile hi brows tomorrow and have seen a few people on here saying they use the clients microwave to heat the wax up quicker. The wax I have is jut a standard salon services pot , how lot do you have to heat this in the microwave?

I've never used a microwave and don't think I ever would. Remember they can cause hot spots from uneven heating which could cause some nasty consequences. Play it safe and stick with the heater.

Surly insurance would be void,
I agree with above hot spots could be dangerous

Wouldn't recommend it but have seen this done...the wax will be scalding in the middle so would need time to stabilise. If you do Be extra cautious getting the wax out. I know therapists and clients (not mine thankfully) who have ended up with nasty burns!

Please don't do this, especially in a client's microwave! There can be hot spots, even if you stir the wax you can miss a small amount and either burn your own wrist or the client.

Especially when doing eyebrows the wax heaters will heat enough wax for that in a matter of a couple of minutes. Even on a very cold day if you get the heater on first before setting anything else up then you will be fine. I did mobile for 10 years and waxed every day of that and never felt the need to use a microwave at all.

Better to be safe my darling than very sorry! :D

I agree - never had to use a microwave to heat wax .... !!!
ESP not a clients ... Its Not very professional ?

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek app

I agree with the others. I'm a mobile waxer and there is no need for a microwave. Especially for brows when you only need a tiny amount of wax anyway.

I pop my heater on as soon as i get through their door and then set up the rest of my stuff while its heating up. If she is a new client, the wax will be heated up enough around the edges for a set of brows before you've finished filling out her consultation form and going through her preferences for shape/thickness/tint etc.

If its not, maybe consider a new heater? :hug:

Latest posts

Back