Mobile Waxing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Starr

Reaction score
Hi,

Am having to buy a new wax pot (mine is old, has no lid and is rather leaky!!! :lol:) and thought it could be time for a new wax system. I have always been home based but due to new additions to the family, I am having to go mobile! At college we learnt to use the traditional pot and spatula, PHD and Clean + Easy. I have always stuck to traditional way but did get on okay with the other systems at the time.

I wondered what you other mobile therapists use and also how you keep the wax warm between clients? Are there any wax heaters with a lockable lid you can put a pot straight into?

I have been looking at hive roll on heaters (euro heater) which looks okay but also the single hand held plastic ones (thought it might save burnt fingers :lol:)

Help!!

tip i was told is too put the wax already heated into flask to keep warm and transfer when you get there. Dont know how messy this would be in reality but worth a try.
HTH

Hi there,
I use a pot and spatula. I heat the wax up at home prior to going out and just keep the lid on the wax and make sure it stays upright in the car. When I get to a client's I stick the wax back on again just as soon as I've said "Hi". By the time you've done consult and set up your wax is ready to go - even a full pot. Make it the last thing you put away before saying "bye" and repeat at the next client's. I t works for me anyway.

Also, I know some of the applicator/roller systems now do a car charger so you can keep your wax heated on the go.

Hope this helps,

I use the Hive heater and tbh by the time i had filled in the record card etc the heater was warm enough

Hiya
I am a mobile therapist and I use the wax pot and spatula. I totally agree with the other comments above, as long as you put the wax on first thing then by the time you set up and do the consultation card the wax is fine.
good luck with everything:hug:

I'm a mobile therapist and i've been using the salon system wax pot. It has 2 chambers for you to put wax pots straight into, so when your running down in 1 chamber you have another ready to use. I transport it in a carry case (Ellisons) and have to this day not had spillages and dont worry about it whilst driving. As for heating it up, if i have a waxing client first thing i heat it up at home first, if not its always the first thing to get plugged in when i get to a clients, by the time you've set up its ready. Hope this helps.

I use Clean & Easy roller system, its really good! You get a lovely thin layer!

xx

Thank you for all your help! :hug: I decided to go with another pot and spatula heater (hive). Great tips on heating it up!! Have also decided to use microwaveable wax (just in case I get stuck in traffic or at railway gates!! I can heat it up a bit more then!!).

Latest posts

Back